Davis Richmond E-News
August 9, 2019
WELCOME BACK AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES DROP OFF - AUG 12th from 1pm - 3pm
Please plan on joining us at School Supplies Drop Off on Monday, August 12th from 1pm - 3pm at Davis and Richmond schools.
During School Supplies Drop Off Night, you will be able to:
Bring your school supplies (pre-labeled) to your class for drop-off. Pre-ordered school supply packs (ordered through PTO) will be available in your classrooms.
Bring your backpacks so that they can be tagged for after school transportation.
Take your school pictures (RICHMOND STUDENTS ONLY). Remember to bring a completed order form and money for each child. Retakes will be taken after the start of the school year for students who are unable to attend School Supplies Drop Off Night.
Find out more information. Sign up for PTO committees and activities. Find more information about transportation, lunch, after school care, etc. Drop off registration paperwork, medical forms, etc.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
SCHOOL SAFETY UPDATES
As you may recall, last summer District 303 enhanced security measures and procedures in all schools and buildings. This summer, Richmond has installed a window inside the first entrance and updated the procedure to match those in other schools and buildings.
When you visit our schools, you will notice interior locked vestibule glass doors and windows that allow for more secure entrances. During the school day, we ask that visitors come to the main school entrance, press the buzzer, stand in front of the camera before identifying themselves and providing the reason for their visit. Visitors will be buzzed into the vestibule by school staff.
Items such as lunches, homework, or instruments may be left on shelves in the vestibule or passed through the window at Davis and Richmond. Items will be brought into the school by a staff member.
Paperwork that needs to be dropped off may be placed in the slot at the window.
If a visitor needs to come into the office or building for a specific reason, the individual will be asked to present identification that will be scanned into an electronic visitor management system. Visitors will be issued a temporary ID to wear while in the building and will be asked to check in the office for direction.
The safety and security of our students, staff members, and visitors is a top priority for District 303. We appreciate your assistance in our efforts to improve our secure learning environments while still maintaining a welcoming atmosphere in our schools. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
EARLY START & PARKING LOT ATTENDANT
Davis is looking for Early Start Supervisors and Parking Lot Attendants. This position begins at 7:30am providing morning activities and supervision for our Early Start Students. This is followed by Parking Lot Duty from 8:25 until 8:50am. If interested, apply on D303’s website and call the Davis Office to schedule an interview at 331-228-2200.
News from PTO
Check out our new PTO website! Visit https://davisrichmondpto.membershiptoolkit.com/home to see everything your PTO has to offer this year! On our NEW site, you can see upcoming calendar of all school events, get access to classroom directories, buy spirit wear, sign up to volunteer, pay dues directly and much, much more.
- August 12th - Learn about the PTO @ School Supply Drop off from 1-3 pm at both Davis and Richmond. Stop by our table to purchase spirit wear, enter a drawing, learn ways to volunteer and to get a SWEET TREAT!
- August 15th - Restaurant Night @ McAlister’s Deli in Geneva, IL 10:30 am - 9 PM. 20% of your receipt is donated back to the school. This is an easy way to support the school WITHOUT having to cook!
- August 21st - First PTO Meeting of the year! Come to meet the new Principal of Richmond Intermediate, socialize and learn about volunteer opportunities. Meeting is at 7pm in the LRC @ Richmond Intermediate.
- September 12th - Block Party @ Davis. Let’s celebrate the beginning of the school year with family, food and fun! Stay tuned for more details and ways to volunteer.
- Don’t forget to pay your PTO dues - The PTO requests support from every family because every student benefits from the PTO's efforts and events. Dues can be paid through D303 Pushcoin system by visiting www.pushcoin.com. After logging in, click on “webstore” underneath your child’s photo. In the “search” bar, type Davis/Richmond PTO. Add it to your cart and proceed to checkout.
Monday, August 12
- Supply Drop Off & Meet Your Teacher from 1:00 - 3:00pm
Wednesday, August 14
-1st Day of School Year
RIchmond 7:45 - 7:55 Drop-Off / 8:00am Start Time
Davis 8:25 - 8:40 Drop-Off / 8:40am Start Time
Monday, August 19
- Pro-Kids Show at Davis Primary - Doors open at 6:15pm / Show begins at 6:30pm
Wednesday, August 21
- PTO Mtg at Richmond Intermediate from 7:00 - 8:00pm