ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
May 6, 2019
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Jason Koele - Being the BEST fly by the seat of your pants guest speaker! Thank you for humoring the last minute request, and doing an amazing job of educating! Greatly appreciated!
- Jeanette Turbeville & Mitch Klimek - Creating opportunities to build confidence and providing an environment in which one of our students felt comfortable enough presenting in front of the entire class! This is HUGE!
- Ryan Wood & Tracie Crowley - Working to create a great financial simulation for the juniors!! Great job!
- Cookie Samplers - Thank you for coming in to judge the cookies created by the students. They always enjoy hearing feedback from the teachers and love seeing others enjoying their food! Recipes will be sent out soon!!
- Lori Cress, Wendy Hoverson, Vick Dresang-Talapa, & Chris Deno - These ladies keep my head above water all while being sweet and kind to me as well as others.
- Zach Turpin - For being such a good mentor and friend and always putting students first in whatever you do.
- Kurt Soderberg - Giving the opening remarks at the NHS banquet last Sunday. It was a good message and well-received.
- Courtney Hawkins - Thank you for helping set up tables and chairs for Mad City Money.
- Jeff Fern - Transporting the donuts safely into the school.
- Courtney Hawkins - Going above and beyond for #Prom2019. Prom magician.
- Kurt Soderberg - Donuts. Surprised us with fresh donuts on a Friday! Makes it an even better Friday. Thanks for the donuts!
- Courtney Hawkins - You are a rockstar and we appreciate you so much!
- All Staff - Thank you so much for the donations to the health room!! The hygiene items have been helpful for some students who are struggling at home.
- Courtney Hawkins - Staying calm (for the most part) in dealing with so many prom issues!!
- Jeff Fern - Great work organizing the littles for SOS.
- Kurt & the Admin - Providing donuts on Friday and giving us a nice place to all gather and chat in the morning! Thank you for the Friday Donuts! Awesome treat!
- Bill Emery - Took the extra time to drive 30 mph to work on Friday as he hauled the wagon our SOS Friends used to participate in a 5 star SCC Campus Hay Ride.
- Sean Conway - Stupendous parallel parking skills this week! How you Austin Powered into a space only twelve inches bigger than your car has left me flabbergasted.
- Emily Wech - For giving me an awesome idea for a class activity! Got the kids up and moving around while still practicing the language! Got me outside of my comfort zone and definitely an activity I plan to use again (and in different levels)
- Autumn Voigt - For being such a positive person! Definitely helped brighten my Friday
- Amanda Arnold and Sean Conway - Impressed our SOS students with two great performances!
- Jenna Scheithauer - For kicking butt and graduating!
- Everyone - for all your help with Prom! Whether you offered help, sent students to help, allowed me to eat chocolate/vent/cry, organize & pass out tickets, put out "fires" (especially Jason & Kurt), coordinated the voting, chaperoned, ticket sellers, worked on the programs, collected ticket money after numerous extensions of ticket sales, stayed late to help the students decorate, came in on your day off to open doors for me, and anyone else I missed. All of your help is greatly appreciated with this big event! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
- Tom Sauve - Thank you for handling all the last minute changes to the grand march lineup and being a great MC for prom!
- Courtney Hawkins - For having an awesome prom with fantastic food and drinks.
- Heather Jourdeans, Duane Jourdeans, Dani Wollberg, & Cami Stansbury - Helped Hayley (Emily's LT sub) get settled and set up for success
- Dan Ruud & Makayla Jahns - Thanks for taking the time to present the one-stop-shop on Frontline.
You all ROCK!
Just for Fun
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week: MATH
Monday, May 6th
7:45 am - 11:45 am - AP Government Exam
11:30 am - 2:30 pm - St. Croix County Jail (Buckel)
11:45 am - 4:15 pm - AP Environmental Science Exam
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm - Wage and Benefits Meeting - DO
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - FFA Banquet
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm - Board Learning Meeting
Tuesday, May 7th
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
Wednesday, May 8th - Morning Meeting and PLC Time
Staff Appreciation - SCC School Board
7:45 am - 12:15 pm - AP Lit Exam
Thursday, May 9th
11:45 am - 2:45 pm - AP Psych Exam
Friday, May 10th
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PBIS Meeting
7:45 am - 12:30 pm - AP US History Exam
8:15 am -10:45 am - HSLT Meeting
9:30 am - 3:30 pm - Welding Competition (Fern)
Just So You Know
This document is a summary of our 2018-19 building goals. These goals represent the work of HSLT, BLT, and PBIS aligned to district priorities. If you'd like to see the detailed version please contact Kurt.
Please familiarize yourself with the information on this document. Thank you.