JSD Year 1 Newsletter
Friday 24 April 2015
- continued to explore 2D and 3D shapes
- created shapes using cocktail sticks and plasticine
- sequenced the main elements of the story 'Up and Down the Andes'
- learned new facts about Peru's wildlife
- celebrated Koningsdag (King's Day) with a day of fun and energetic activities
A sea of orange in Year 1
Year 1 joined forces with Foundation 2 to sing and dance in Dutch
Mr McRae leads the dancing!
Mr McRae showcased his dancing skills and led Year 1 and Foundation 2 in an 'Energie' dance off!
Dance, Dance, Dance!
Go Year 1!
- complete our work on our Peruvian story
- create pictures of Peruvian town scenes using our painted sheets of earthy colours
- write about the Koningsdag weekend
- think about addition and subtraction number problems and use + and - in the correct place
No school on Monday. Have a fantastic 3-day weekend celebrating Koningsdag.
We will see you all back on Tuesday 28 April.