Sept 21- 24
Friendships provide children with more than just fun playmates. Friendships help children develop emotionally and morally. In interacting with friends, children learn many social skills, such as how to communicate, cooperate, and solve problems. They practice controlling their emotions and responding to the emotions of others. This week PreK4 have been talking about how to make and keep friends. We read stories to illustrate the proper ways to act with others and discussed our own ways to do so as well. We created a little booklet about friendship and continued talking about how to share and take turns. We also changed the numbers of lamb Mary had from the popular rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb” to practice our numbers!
As a token for our friendship we made our own mailboxes and had time to draw and write some cards for our friends. We had such a fun week!
This week it was our turn to sign the national anthem and our school song with all of our friends.
A special moment to celebrate our friendship and wishing for a world filled with peace
This week's Activities
Outdoors and Parent Activities
Stories , Songs and Rhymes
jackets,, coats, parkas,windbreakers, raincoats,ponchos,suit coats, blazers, vests, sweaters, sweatshirts, t-shirts, turtlenecks, work shirts, dress shirts, blouses, flannel shirts, jeans, trousers, pants, skirts, dresses, shorts, pajamas, bathrobes, neckties, bow ties, bandannas,scarves, belts, sashes, suspenders, gloves, mitten, socks, tights, shoes, boots, sandals, bathing suits, exercise clothes, old-fashioned clothes, uniforms, costumes
- Remember to read at least 15 min with your chi;d every day
-Thanks for the bake sale donations, our kids enjoyed getting treats for a good cause.
- Please remember that parent activities are planned and prepared by you on Wednesdays. We encourage you to plan an activity tailored to a group of 6 children so that we can have a rotation system.
- There is no school on Friday Sept 25th
-Year book pictures will be coming up soon on October 27th
- We will celebrate UN day on October 21st . More news to come soon about this celebration
Dear Parents, Do you love to cook? Read stories? Well, come down to our classrooms and get the fun started! Now that our children have started to gain more structure and understanding of our classroom routines and schedule, we feel that the kids are ready to engage in some exciting Parent Activities. We would love to invite you to our class on Wednesday mornings to spend some quality time working with them. The idea is for you and your child to plan an activity that is fun and appealing to our pre-kinder kids. We all have different talents and interests and for this reason we feel that you may choose to do something that is not too much hassle and that you feel comfortable with. If you are interested you may come in and read a book, do some cooking or arts and crafts, as I mentioned before you have the freedom to choose. It’s not that hard, all you have to do is:
· Choose an activity that you and your child like, preferably related to our unit of study
· Review your plans with the homeroom teacher
· Select and type in your name on the monthly signup sheet
· Buy or prepare all the necessary materials needed for the activity
· Bring everything you need to school on Wednesday @ 11:20 and have some fun!