April 27th-May 1st
This Week at Stinson ...
- Maker Monday @ The Learning Commons
- NTCC Rehearsal @ 2:45-4:00
Tuesday, April 28
- Wellness Screening, 7:00-9:00 in the lounge
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, 8:00-10:30 in The Learning Commons (please bring your assigned items)
- Recorder Club @ 2:45-3:30
- UTD Coding after school program
Wednesday, April 29
- "Different, Not Less" t-shirts
- EOY staff meeting @ 3:10 in cafe
- #PISDbkclub begins @ 8:00 on Twitter
Thursday, April 30
- Readers' Theatre @ 2:45-4:30
Friday, May 1
- TLs & ATLs meet with Michele during planning
- Mad Science after school program
Coming Up ...
- May 4th-8th: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 4th: MAP window opens (check the assessment calendar for grade level specifics)
- May 6th: National School Nurse Day / EOY goal setting meeting
- May 11th-15th: Scholastic Book Fair in The Learning Commons
- May 12th: STAAR 5 Reading retest
- May 13th: 3-5 Assembly @ 8:00
- May 14th-15th: Readers' Theatre
Kathey G. ... Kathey continues to be someone we all look to for a smile, a hug, or a cheerful "hello". With the help of her Sunshine team, she is organizing what we know will be a fabulous brunch for our volunteers as well as planning a fun EOY staff celebration. Kathey always thinks of others first, and we all love her for it!
Fish Philosophy @ Stinson
- "Coach Brooks ... for always taking care of all the 'little' things each day - like a student's wheelchair, the ice bucket for the clinic, the cones for the front drive. You are very appreciated!" -from anonymous
- "Michele - thanks for being available to taking care of my student who was sick during testing." -from Lori
Choose Your Attitude
- "Thanks to my team for taking my students during my help with STAAR." -from Cathy G.
- "Jenia, thanks for your help with office deliveries!" -from Amy
- "Cheryl ... for always having a smile when we asked for a break during testing. Thank you!" -from Lori S.
- "Amy ... for taking care of my sick student - who was sick everywhere (at least in the clinic and not on tests!)." -from Lori S.
- "Stinson staff, great job during testing. We know it was stressful, long, and exhausting, but everyone stepped up to help where needed, no questions asked. Thank you for being so willing to do whatever it took to make the days go smoothly. It was a true team effort!" -from Katie, Julie, Michele
Make Their Day
- "Whitney, thanks for taking care of our class hamster, Smokey, during testing days!" -from Lori S.
- "Michelle, thank you so much for lending us your 'Lorax' DVD on Earth Day, the last day of STAAR testing when we needed it. You're out of this world!" -from the K Team
- "Donna! For the bundt cake for Secretary's Day! Thanks for remembering Renae and me!" -from Judy
- "Judy, thank you so much for your help regarding the 'library supply' purchase order for the Maker Space!" -from Cheryl
- "Jenia, thank you so much for the time catching me up today!" -from Lori D.