Week 21: January 18 - 21, 2022
MONDAY - 1/17
- No School - Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
- V Boys Basketball @ St. John Bosco tba
TUESDAY - 1/18
- Top 10 Applications Available (USB)
- Boba Sale (Interact Club) 3:00 PM
- V Girls Soccer vs Rowland Home 5:15 PM
- JV Girls Soccer vs Rowland Home 3:15 PM
- V Boys Soccer @ Rowland 5:15 PM
- JV Boys Soccer @ Rowland 3:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - 1/19
- Blood Drive (Gym)
- FCA General Meeting Lunch
- Mt. Sac Connect 4 Process (Linc)
- V Girls Basketball @ Walnut 4:45 PM
- JV Girls Basketball @ Walnut 3:15 PM
- F/S Girls Basketball vs Rosemead Home 6:15 PM
- V Boys Basketball @ Walnut 6:30 PM
- JV Boys Basketball vs Walnut Home 3:15 PM
- F Boys Basketball vs Walnut Home 4:45 PM
- V Girls Water Polo @ Walnut 3:15 PM
- JV Girls Water Polo @ Walnut 4:15 PM
THURSDAY - 1/20
- Leo Club General Meeting (Gym) Lunch
- V Wrestling @ Walnut 6:30pm JV Wrestling @ Walnut 5:30 PM
- V Girls Wrestling @ Walnut 5:30 PM
- V Girls Soccer vs Los Altos Home 5:15 PM
- JV Girls Soccer vs Los Altos Home 3:15 PM
- V Boys Soccer @ Los Altos 5:15 PM
- JV Boys Soccer @ Los Altos 3:15 PM
FRIDAY - 1/21
- Winter Sports Luncheon Lunch
- Pathways Pancake Breakfast 9:15 AM
- Panda Express Fundraiser (Drama) All Day
- V Boys Basketball @ Los Altos 6:30 PM
- JV Boys Basketball vs Los Altos Home 3:15 PM
- F Boys Basketball vs Los Altos Home 4:45 PM
- V Girls Basketball @ Los Altos 4:45 PM
- JV Girls Basketball @ Los Altos 3:15 PM
- V Girls Wrestling @ Ayala Tournament 1:00 PM
SATURDAY - 1/22
- V Girls Wrestling @ Ayala Tournament 9:00 AM
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians of English Learners,
You are receiving this message because your child is scheduled to take the ELPAC exam on the following dates based on their grade level:
9th grade: February 3 at 8:00 a.m.
10th grade: February 4 at 8:00 a.m.
11th grade: February 9 at 8:00 a.m.
12th grade: February 10 at 8:00 a.m.
The ELPAC exam is a test that will measure your child’s progress in learning the English language. The ELPAC will test their abilities in reading, writing, listening and speaking. They will also take the district writing assessment during this testing period.
Please carefully read the directions below and review it with your child as it will provide important information about their ELPAC test. A copy of this notification letter has also been sent to your child’s school email:
Report to the LINC (DBHS library) at 8:00 a.m. on the day of your test. DO NOT go to your period one class.
Bring your DBHS chromebook and charger with you. If you do not have a DBHS chromebook, one will be provided to you when you check in for the test.
Bring your student ID card.
Bring your personal earbuds/headphones. If you do not have earbuds/headphones, they will be provided to you.
The test will take approximately 3.5 to 4 hours. When you finish with your test, you will go to class based on your schedule.
Bring your backpacks and personal belongings with you for later in the school day. You may not use a cell phone or any notes/materials from your classes during the ELPAC test.
This test is important because it is one of the criteria used to determine your child’s readiness to reclassify as an English Learner. Please make sure they get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast.
They may prepare for the ELPAC by taking some of the online practice tests. Click on this LINK!
We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks for the ELPAC! Good luck!
Mrs. Flores and Mrs. Cho
On Wednesday, January 19 we will host a Blood Drive in our GYM. Every two seconds someone in the United States needs blood. It is essential for surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries. Whether a patient receives whole blood, red cells, platelets or plasma, this lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation.
Special thanks to our Red Cross Club and advisor Nancy Franklin for coordinating this important event!
If your student is interested, please let them sign up (HERE) or by scanning the QR code below.
*New - Live Stream Events in the Gym, Aquatic Center, & Stadium!
Over Holiday break our Athletic Directors, Alexis Feix and Kurt Davies, coordinated the installation of Live Stream cameras in our Gym, Aquatic Center and Stadium!
This means you can live stream all home events by subscribing at NFHS.com.
Click HERE to subscribe!
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Eligibility Center
Attention Senior Student-Athletes:
If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels and are in contact with college coaches, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER.
*Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Mr. Patterson, our NCAA GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2022 should register at this time.
Hello Seniors and Senior Parents,
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please click on the Senior Ad picture below for all of the information!
This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at email@example.com.
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.