Lenape Smoke Signals
September 25, 2023
- September 25 - No School (Offices Open)
- September 28, 7:15 pm - Snow Sports Meeting
- September 29, 10:45 am -Early Dismissal
- September 30 - Deadline to update student information in Parent Portal
- October 19, Virtual, 9:00 am - Parent Council Meeting
- October 25 - School Picture Retakes
- October 31, 10:45 am - Early Dismissal
This Week at Lenape
7th Grade Social Studies
Mr. Vacca's 7th grade Social Studies class turned their classroom into a map to measure longitude and latitude.
Students were able to find the absolute location of different items in the room, such as the stapler, tape dispenser, or keyboard, all by using the degrees posted on the wall.
Snow Sports Club
The Lenape Snow Sports Club will once again be hosting Friday night bus trips to Blue Mountain.
The scheduled dates for 2024 are: January 5, 12, 19, and February 2 7 9 (alternate dates are February 23 and March 1).
All participants and the student's parent or guardian must attend a meeting each year. This year's meetings are scheduled Wednesday, September 20, and Thursday, September 28. You only need to attend one meeting. We will meet in the Lenape auditorium from 7:15 to 8:30. The Lenape portal at Blue Mountain will be open following the first meeting.
All necessary information can be found on the snow sports club page on Mr. Przybylowski's teacher website - Przybylowski, Rodger / LENAPE SNOW SPORTS CLUB (cbsd.org). Please email Mr. P. if you have any questions.
Meet Some of Our New Staff
Subject and Team: School Counselor
Fun Fact About Me: For the past 31 summers I have work at a bakery named Mallon’s. There is no relation between the owners and me.
Favorite Thing about Working With Children: My favorite thing about working in middle schooler is watching students come in through the doors as nerves unsure 7th graders, watching them grow and mature, and leaving the middle school doors as confident more secure 9th graders.
Subject and Team: 8th Grade Mathematics – Wonder Team
Fun Fact About Me: I have a 20 month old daughter named Olivia, and I went to Holicong and East myself!
Favorite Thing about Teaching: I love getting to know all of my students and building a relationship with them; being able to talk about the sports games or the tv shows that were watched the night before, books that are being read, what they are enjoying in their classes.
CB West Information
Swimming & Diving Team
The Central Bucks West swimming and diving team will be holding an informational meeting for swimmers/ divers and parents on Wednesday Sept 27 at 6:00PM. The meeting will be held in the West cafeteria. Sign-ups and important information about the upcoming season will be available at that time. Everyone from grade’s 9-12 grade, who is interested is welcome to come and see what West swimming and diving is all about. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday Sept 27 at 6:00 PM. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CB West Spectator Decorum
Many of our students enjoy supporting our CB West teams. The CB West administration expects the following from spectators at their sporting events:
- Bags and backpacks are NOT permitted into the stadium during athletic events. Small purses or clutch bags are acceptable but are subject to search. Spectators will not be admitted with a bag or backpack.
- Middle school aged students (7th & 8th grade) must be accompanied by a parent. 9th grade students must bring their student ID.
- Outside food and drink is prohibited. Bottled drinks and food should be discarded prior to entering the stadium.
- No glass bottles, open containers or coolers allowed in stadium without authorization by the athletic director or game manager. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate during cold contest will be permitted.
- No artificial noise makers, whistles or sound producing devices (horns, cow bells, etc.).
- Taunting will not be tolerated by demonstrating / celebrating or running by opposing teams' bleachers upon a big play or touchdown.
- No banners, pictures or hand-held signs carried into the contest. All signs need prior approval from the athletic director and need to be fixed or attached to fencing in a designed spot prior to the start of the contest.
- No foul language or indecent gesture will be tolerated, especially towards players, coaches, and officials.
- Tailgating is prohibited without prior approval from the athletic director.
- No throwing confetti, toilet paper rolls or other objects in the stands, stadium or on the field.
- No menacing actions or gestures by groups towards opposing players, coaches, or officials.
- The use or throwing of balls inside the stadium is prohibited.
- No one can run onto the field or to play ball during halftime or after the game. Exceptions: ball boys for extra points, field goal kicks, etc.
- At no time, before, during or after a contest should spectators be permitted to enter the competition area.
- Access to the competition area is limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, and game personnel.
We have seen a rise in the amount of screen breaks for student laptops. Our policy covers for 2 broken screens per device. If your child’s laptop screen breaks 3 times, we will be required to send you an invoice for the repair and labor. The current cost for this is $200. Please remind your child to care for their laptops. Some simple steps to assist are:
- Use two hands when holding or moving the device.
- Use clean hands while using the laptop or iPad.
- Use only the provided digital pen or finger on the screen.
- Use only the power adapter that came with the device.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen.
- Keep device stored in the provided case. This includes traveling through the hallways, on buses, or anytime the device is not being utilized.
- Make sure nothing is on the keyboard, close the lid, and remove all cables if any are plugged into the laptop. Place laptop in your bag carefully.
- Be careful when placing your case on the floor. Keep the device off the floor so screens do not get stepped on by others.
Who Do I Ask?
- Main office - 267-893-2800
- Mrs. Loudenslager & Mrs. Hackman will answer your question or direct you to the correct person.
Student-specific inquiries (scheduling, transition questions, support, etc.):