The U.S Senate
Chris "Daddy" Gale
- Have to be 30 years old
- Have to have been a U.S. citizen for at least 9 years before the election
- Have to live in the state you represent
Term of Office
- Senators serve for a 6 year term.
- 1/3 of the Senate must run for re-election every 2 years.
- No limit for terms.
Salary & Benefits
- Current salary is $174,000
- Medical Clinic
- Stationary & Postage - "Franking Privilege"
- Tax Decuctions
Members of Congress cannot be arrested on all cases except treason, felonies, and breach of the peace when they are attenting Congress, or if they are on their way to or from Congress. They cannot be sued for anything that they say on the Senate floor. They can refuse to seat an elected member by majority vote.