St. Croix Central High School
Staff Newsletter: September 30, 2019
Our Vision of Learning
In full support of our district mission and vision, we at SCC High School are committed to...
Creating a learning experience built on creativity, choice, efficiency, and engagement, resulting in high-achieving and creative problem-solvers who take intellectual risks to discover the world around them and maximize their potential.
**WE PUT STUDENTS FIRST**
We Have the Power to...
- SERVE others
- show EMPATHY
- LIFT others UP
MORNING GREETERS: SOCIAL STUDIES
Monday, September 30
9:30 am - 10:00 am - Main Office Meeting
Tuesday, October 1
7:30 am - 7:55 am - BLT Meeting (Large Conference Room)
Wednesday, October 2
7:35 am - 7:55 am - Content PLC Meetings
Thursday, October 3
A great day to be a Panther!
Friday, October 4
7:35 am - 7:55 am - PBIS Meeting (Large Conference Room)
8:45 am - 10:00 am - HSLT Meeting (Main Office Conference Room)
Did you remember to program the emergency speed dial button? If not here is the LINK
Remember to shut and lock your door while you are teaching. This is part of the safety protocol.
Why did you spill the coffee?
"Because someone bumped into me!!!"
You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup.
Had there been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.
*Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out.*
Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it until you get rattled.
*So we have to ask ourselves... “what's in my cup?"*
When life gets tough, what spills over?
Joy, gratefulness, peace, and humility?
Anger, bitterness, harsh words and reactions?
Life provides the cup, YOU choose how to fill it.
Today let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation; and kindness, gentleness, and love for others.
Today my cup is full of gratitude
SHOUTOUTS & CELEBRATIONS
Thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Tracie Crowley - Serving our students - building our YA program to a very strong level - lots of students participating.
- Jen Staidl - Helping to navigate a difficult conversation
- Ty Ketz - Nice addition to the PBIS board!
- Tim Widiker, Ben Helmrick, and Travis Madigan - Stepped up to help supervise at the game on Friday night.
- Wendy Hoverson - Does an amazing job organizing all the facets of running a home event. Get 'er done!
- Rachel Hansen & Jenna Scheithauer - Great presentation about the IDS students and the SST.
- Ty Ketz & Mitch Klimek - Thanks for presenting at PD. Nice!
- Travis Madigan - Jumped in on his first presentation to staff and did a great job!
- Daniel Ruud - For getting my picture up on the school website after a year of being a grey blob. #finallyofficial
- Rachel Hanson - For meticulously planning a fabulous, engaging field trip for students.
- All you awesome people who participate in Panther Perk 1st and 7th Hour - The small part you play is so BIG to our kids. This prepares them for a successful future. Such a small job skill to you is HUGE to them. Thank you!
- Thee Mr. Klimek - Thank you to Mr. Klimek for volunteering on Friday morning at PD. He was the star of the show!
- Rachel Hanson and Jenna Scheithauer - Thanks so much for sharing about your awesome kiddos!
- Hayley Marcon - Did an awesome job filling in for Emily-- she will be missed!
- Tammy and the kitchen crew - Thanks for an AWESOME breakfast at PD! #yogurtparfait #scones #winning
- Elliott Hagenbucher - For seamlessly taking over several science classes, great job!
- Kurt Soderberg - Listening to our gripes and being supportive
- Heather Jourdeans - Organizing another solid pot luck
- MItch Klimek - Helping out with TeacherEase
- Jordee Reimer - Excellent portrayal of a coffee barista in the seizure video
- HS Staff - Thanks for bringing such great food for the potluck! Way to go!!!
- Matt Langman - Brought to the pot luck his wife's yummy Macrons! Thanks
- Courtney Hawkins - She is just plain awesome and I am blessed to call her a friend.
- Rachel Hanson and Jenna Scheithauer -
- Teresa Swoboda - Thank you for going above and beyond to make sure I could make it home safely before the storm hit!
- Rachel Hanson - Planned an awesome field trip for our students! It was sooo much fun!
- Rachel Hanson - Gave an incredibly valuable presentation on our students with learning disabilities and showed the kind of spirit our kids need from those helping them every day.
- Special Ed Team - You all are rockstars for your caseload of students. I appreciate all the help you provide when we need advice about students!
- Rachel Hanson - For an awesome presentation on her kiddos!
- Jordee Reimer, Garret Wenzel, and Ty Ketz - Assisted me in efficiently implementing my curriculum.
- Kurt Soderberg - Thanks for being so willing to listen!
- Kurt Soderberg - Thank you for your conversations with the WL PLC!
Please refer to these guidelines prior to your absence. p.s. we'll miss you!