LIB 301 Syllabus
Instructor - MONA CZARNECKI
phone - 704-406-4293 (Monday - Friday; 8 AM - 5 PM)
Reference Desk - 704-406-3925 or 1-800-253-8330
The best way to contact me with questions concerning our class, assignments, or grades is through my GWU email address.
I am available by phone (704-406-4293), but I am frequently out of my office. It may be several days before I receive your message and can return your call. If your need is immediate, please contact me through email.
Assessments, Quizzes, & Discussions
Annotated Bibliography & Practice Segments
- Students will be able to define what it means to be an "information literate" consumer of information. (Module 1 Discussion)
- Students will be able to recall, identify, and access materials in various formats from the Dover Library. (Module 2)
- Students will be able to select and evaluate websites appropriate for academic research and defend the selection of that website based on their reliability, scholarly attributes, and authorship of that site. (Module 9)
- Students will be able to appraise and examine self-selected resources through a written annotation justifying that resource's inclusion in their assignment. (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 Assignments, Annotated Bibliography Final Project)
- Students will be able to construct an APA Citation and write an evaluative annotation on a reference source, eBook, and scholarly journal article. (PS 1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and Annotated Bibliography)
- Students will be able to create an Annotated Bibliography, on the topic of their choice, meeting particular source requirements.
Internet Accessibility Disclosure
NOEL Program & Online Materials Accessibility
Upon request, any publication in this course can be made available to any student in an alternate format. Please make such requests by emailing me as soon as possible.
Valid excuses for late submission are limited to hospitalization of the student and/or immediate family member or a death in the immediate family.