Mrs. Cohen's May Newsletter
First Grade 2013
Here are some important dates to remember:
- National Teacher Appreciation Day - May 7th
- School Nurse's Day - May 8th
- Spirit Day - Pajama Day - May 8th
- Merrymead Field Trip - May 10th
- Final Book orders of the year (May and June editions coming home) - May 14th
- No School for Students/Teacher In-Service - May 21st
- Field Day - May 22nd
- NO SCHOOL - May 24th and May 27th
Andrew (5/11), Matthew (5/18) and Alex (5/30)
Reading Makes it All Good!
Kamryn and Richa enjoying some down time
Number Scroll Madness!
Gavin, Daniel and Jack on their way to the highest number in 1st grade!
Please encourage your child to read daily every night. Our Home Reader Program will be ending the last week of May, as this will allow me a little bit of time to organize and account for all of the books. The children will be rewarded on May 23rd for their reading with a pizza party! Thank you for all of your help with the Home Reader Program. I hope that you found it as beneficial as parents, as I do!