NSCSD Superintendent Updates
NS Vision 2025 Update
- Alan Shepard: The project is in it's final stages. Flooring will begin in the next few weeks and the addition will open in April.
- Softball Complex: Completed. A ribbon cutting will take place in the Spring.
- Regional Innovation Center: The outside wall panels are nearly complete, and the roof is being installed. Once the roof is on, the floors will be poured.
- Neil Armstrong: Bids have been approved and construction will begin in March.
- Junior High: Bids have been approved and construction will begin in March.
- Welding: Welding bids have been approved by the board and foundation work has begun.
- Lancer Stadium: All bids have been approved. The renovation of the current concession stand/restroom has begun. Foundations will be poured soon.
Incoming 4-Year-Old Preschool, 5 Year Old PreK, & Kindergarten Information
- Wednesday, Feb. 28, North Scott High School Auditorium from 5:30-7 pm
- Q & A session will be included
- Event will be livestreamed
Registration for incoming 4 & 5-year-old students opens Thursday, Feb. 1. Caregivers unable to attend the event on Feb. 28 or who are already aware of our program offerings are still required to register their child(ren) prior to the Friday, March 1 deadline.
- Follow this link to select 4-Year-Old Preschool preferences. You will be contacted about completing registration based on your preferences. Our goal is to have all preschool students placed by April 1.
- Follow this link for 5-Year-Old PreK or Kindergarten Registration
Orientation Day: 5-Year-Old PreK & Kindergarten
- Friday, May 17 from 8:30-10:30 am
- Location will be at the building the student will attend
- Event previously called Kindergarten Round Up
Food Service: Free/Reduced Meals Application
To apply for free & reduced meals for the 2023-2024 school year, please complete this paper packet or electronically through the Infinite Campus parent portal. Once logged in, click "More" and then "Meal Benefits" to begin the application process online.
Contact Amy Guerrero with any questions via email or at 563-285-4612.
District Communication Settings - Infinite Campus
North Scott Caregivers,
We want to be sure you are receiving district communications that align with your preferences. Additionally, we want to be sure everyone in our district receives all emergency communications.
Please take the time to review and update your communication settings and preferences using the instructions linked here. Feel free to contact us with questions.
Katie Hoyt, Director of Communications & Grant Writing
Dan Marceau, Director of Information Technology & High School Associate Principal
Upcoming School Board Meetings
Upcoming Public Forums
You are invited to participate in our upcoming school board public forums:
- Wednesday, April 3 from 6-7 p.m. - Virtual Session. Livestream link
- Tuesday, April 9 from 6-7 p.m. - Neil Armstrong Elementary, 212 S Parkview Drive, Parkview
Lancer Productions Presents: Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Join Lancer Productions for a “tale as old as time” this April!
- April 19, 20, 21
- April 26*, 27*, 28
Follow this link to learn more and purchase your tickets!
*Dinner Theatre Evenings
Sheds for Sale - Built by HS Students
We still have a few Lancer Sheds for sale this year! Details:
- 8 x 10 feet
- 6 foot steel roll up door
- choose your siding & roofing colors
- more details here
If you are interested in learning more or purchasing a shed, contact Anthony Bielski ASAP. Shed customization begins next week. We are also accepting orders for 2025 sheds.
Learn more about the build process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41xbv3duvnU&t=96s.
Hall of Excellence
The newly-reformed North Scott Hall of Excellence is a companion to the North Scott Athletic Hall of Fame. Visit the Hall of Excellence web page to learn more about the nomination process and inductee criteria. Any community member may make a nomination.
Headed by NSHS associate principal Aaron Schwartz and Erin Gentz of The North Scott Press, the newly-reformed Hall of Excellence committee is seeking volunteers to join the committee, as well as nominees.
The North Scott Athletic Boosters invite you to join us for the annual Cake Auction & Chili Supper in the PIT on Friday, Feb. 9!
The fun takes place before, during, and after the girls/boys basketball double header and this year's theme is "The PIT is the happiest place on earth!" Come check out all the cakes, grab some chili, and place your bids to support our athletic programs. See you there!
North Scott Literacy Initiative
Help support Lancer Productions’ Literacy Initiative by shopping at your favorite Barnes & Noble bookstore! During the weekend of February 9-11, shop at our local Davenport Barnes & Noble (in North Park Mall) using out Book Fair ID #12722724. You may also shop online at www.bn.com/bookfairs.
A portion of your sales will be donated to Lancer Productions and then given to our school libraries!