7th/8th Grade Choir Update
The young men and women of 5th period put on a special performance in the cafeteria, featuring songs from Hairspray the Musical.
Home for the Holidays
Floreat singing under the direction of Ms. Mainer at the Winter Concert.
Men's Chorale trying a delicious fruitcake for the first time!
Alvin ISD Pre-UIL (Feb. 22)
On Thursday, February 22nd, these students will participate in Alvin ISD Pre-UIL at Shadow Creek High School. This is an exact run through of the UIL procedures, and a valuable experience in preparation for the real contest. We have graciously been given the earliest times to accommodate our 7th graders who have their Moody Gardens field trip that day as well. Please be on the look out for our handout and e-mail about this event which will cover all travel details.
Pre-UIL Concert (Feb 27, 6:30pm, AHS)
Students will be peforming their concert rep at Alvin High School on Tuesday, February 27th. We are looking forward to joining with Harby and Alvin Jr. High to present our hard work on this challenging repertoire.
UIL Contest (March 1st/2nd)
The culmination of our hard work is March 1st or 2nd, time and date to be assigned to us by our Region office shortly.
Students have been learning competition music after school. On Saturday, March 24th, students will sing their music for a panel of judges (students will not see their judges as they will be behind a screen). Students do not need to memorize their competition music for this event-- they will be allowed to look at their music. If they make the choir, they will need to memorize their music. For more dates and information, please see our choir website.
San Antonio Trip
All 7th and 8th grade choir members are invited to perform and go to Six Flags Fiesta Texas with us! This is not a mandatory trip, but definitely a memorable experience for all involved.
- February 9: Installment 1 DUE (Students $40; Chaperone $30)
- March 5: Installment 2 DUE (Students $40; Chaperone $30)
- April 3: Final Installment DUE (Students $40; Chaperone $30)
- April 20: Trip to San Antonio
- Check FJH Choir Calendar for mandatory after school rehearsals in April
April 20th Schedule:
- 4:30am-- meet at Fairview
- 9:30am-- Arrive at SW Legacy High School (change into choir uniforms)
- 9:45am-- Festival Performances
- 11:45am-- Arrive at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- 8:00pm-- Depart Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- 12:00am-- Arrive at Fairview Junior High
What to Bring
- Clothing-- formal choir uniform, gray chir shirt, comfortable shorts/pants, comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Food-- optional snacks/drinks for the bus
- Money-- at least $20 for a possible stop at Buccee's and overpriced food and games at Six Flags
Students are expected to follow all guidelines and behave in a way that represents Fairview with pride. Any behavior problems will result in consequences that range from temporary "time out" with Mrs. Hatzel/Mr. angel to calling parents for students to be picked up (in San Antonio).
If you are chaperoning this trip, please register as an Alvin ISD volunteer prior to April 17. Go to alvinisd.net and look to the elft for the link that says "Volunteer Registration." If you have already done that this year for Alvin ISD, then you are covererd. All chaperones will ride the buses unless they specifically indicate otherwise.
Students and chaperones attending should join the following Remind text group to receive announcements and updates in the park. Text "@fjhfi" to 81010.
- Student total (Fiesta Texas ticket, meal, refillable bottle, travel expenses, festival registration): $120
- Chaperone total (Fiesta Texas ticket, meal, refillable bottle, travel expenses): $90
If you have a season pass to Fiesta Texas or if you have your own travel arrangements,
please contact Mrs. Hatzel/Mr. Angel so we can adjust your total.