iMiddle Parent and Community News
iMiddle news for the week of 9/22 - 9/26
Message from the Principal: I look forward to seeing you all at our annual Back to School Night this Wednesday starting at 5:30. You will be following your child's schedule, so please come prepared with your child's schedule in hand. We will start ringing bells at 5:30 sharp. Students are welcome to come but please note that we will only have room for parents in the classrooms. Teachers will be providing you with an overview of their class expectations. If you have individual questions to ask your child's teacher, you may sign up to have your child's teacher contact you or you may contact them via email as there will not be time for individual conferences at Back to School Night.
We will have food and drinks for sale, sponsored by the iMiddle ASB.
Again, I hope to see you all there so that you can partner with us in supporting your child this year at iMiddle!
Have you checked your child's grades online yet? I suggest you get your child's Pin and Password from them and check to see how they are doing. Almost all students have been taught how to check their grades online by now. There should be no surprises in how your child is performing when progress reports come out in October. iMiddle offers tutoring and extra help in classrooms almost every day of the week after school. If your child needs extra support, please encourage them to stay after school to get the help that they need. Tutoring is also available during lunchtime.
Please make sure you attend the last night of Parent Tech Boot Camp, if you have not already, on Tuesday night if you have a 7th grader or an 8th graders new to iMiddle. We are getting the Netbooks and iPads ready for deployment. The forms that were handed out at tech night and the forms that are handed out to 8th graders must be turned in to iMiddle in order for your child to receive a school device. The forms should be turned in to your child's History teacher.
iMiddle needs at least two parents to represent the School Site Council (SSC). Nominations are now being taken. Please fill out the online form by Tuesday 9/23, in order to be considered for the SSC at iMiddle. More information is on iMiddle.org.
You can also fill out the paper form and turn it in to the school secretary, Fujiko Mori.
- Netbooks/iPads will be issued this week and next week. Please make sure you have signed your child's form to allow them to take home a device. We will be providing training the next few weeks to all students so that they will learn how to be responsible with their devices.
- Fall Fundraiser: Students attended an assembly last Friday to kick off our ASB fall fundraiser. Please help support the students at iMiddle. All the money raised goes directly to student events throughout the year.
- Parent Tech Boot Camp: The last date is offered this Tuesday
- Foundation: Please consider joining the iMiddle Foundation (aka PTA). Parents, we need your help this year! If you are interested in getting together with other parents to support the iMiddle students, we will be holding our first meeting on Back to School night- 9/24- at 6:30 PM (or following classroom visits) to determine how we can enrich the lives of our students. The meeting will be in the school Library. I encourage you to stay involved during your child's Middle School years. If you are a working parent, there are still many ways in which you can be involved with your child. We will discuss opportunities at the meeting on 9/24. iMiddle looks forward to partnering with you!
- iMiddle BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT 9/24/2014 5:30-6:30. All parents/guardians are invited to Back to School Night where you will be following your child's schedule in order to meet each of the teachers and learn about the expectations for each subject area. There will be a Parent Foundation meeting, for those interested, immediately following in the school Library. The annual Title One Parent Meeting will be held prior to Back to School Night starting at 5:15 in the auditorium.
- Parent GATE/Seminar Meeting: We will be holding a parent informational GATE/Seminar parent meeting after Back to School Night. This meeting will be held in Rick Selby's room- B8. This is for parents who have students who are in the GATE/Seminar program at iMiddle. Mr. Selby will be informing you of our program and can answer any questions you might have.
- Is your 8th grade child interested in attending the 8th grade trip to Boston, NY, Gettysburg, and Washington DC on June 22nd- Monday, June 29th? If so, there was an informational night at iMiddle on Thursday, September 18th. If you missed the meeting, it is not too late to join. All of the paperwork is in the front office. The first payment for this trip is due the second week of October. * Please note that this trip is not sponsored by iMiddle and the trip takes place after the school year. If you have questions about this trip, you may contact Nicola Labas at email@example.com.
Check out the iMiddle Student News! We broadcast this news to the students every week during Advisory on Monday. The students create the video using green screen technology and edit the video every week with support. Click the link below to view.
Mr. Moss' Class Participates in DOT Day- Talking to students via Skype in Alabama
Skype in the Classroom
Many International Dot Day participants turn to Skype in the classroom to connect their students with other students from around the world. Using Skype, students collaborate on classroom projects and teachers share ideas and inspiration to make teaching and learning more exciting and memorable. Visit International Dot Day’s Skype in the Classroom project page.