How did his research affect psychological thought?
- He was part of the "cognitive revolution"; he had huge impacts on personality theory and therapy
- Observational learning
How did his research affect the average American and/or person?
- Straight-forward style makes sense to most people
- Helped with therapy solutions for phobias and trauma
How was his research affected by the time period he lived in?
- Living in a small, remote town caused limited education as a child. This caused his independence and self-motivation later on
- Lived through Great Depression, WW2, Vietnam War, etc.