Gallatin High Update
Week of October 10-15, 2022
Important Traffic Flow Update for Oak Street and Flanders Mill This Week
The City of Bozeman will install an interim safety improvement at the intersection of Oak Street and Flanders Mill Road during the week of Oct. 10. The installation is anticipated to start Oct. 12 and last two days. No full closures are expected.
The safety improvement is being done as an interim measure to address an elevated crash rate at the intersection. It will remain in place until a long-term solution is secured.
The improvement itself will involve reducing Oak Street to one through-lane in each direction approaching Flanders Mill before opening it up to include a dedicated left turn only lane at the intersection.
This work will not heavily impact any vehicle/bus routes/entrances. Drivers will see extra traffic posts, signage, and workers in the area. Workers are altering the existing configuration of Oak Street & Flanders Mill Road, but will keep traffic flowing throughout. We advise people to please drive with caution around the work zone.
For more information, call the City of Bozeman’s Transportation & Engineering division at 406-582-2315.
GHS NICA Team Riders Complete Their Season
GHS Riders performed strongly and the GHS team took 4th place overall. The following riders finsihed in the top five of their race series:
- Gabe Hull - 5th overall in series for Varsity Boys
- Rylie Bowman - 5th overall in series for Varsity Girls
- Grace Lux - 3rd overall in series for JV1 Girls
- Kamiah Leach - 5th overall in series for JV2 Girls
- James O'Callaghan - 4th overall in series for Freshman Boys
Congrats to all of the Gallatin HS racers in the Montana NICA League series:
Tyson Berry, Gabe Hull, Aidan Runyon, Cade Venner, Remy Pellerin, James O'Callaghan, Parker Stevens, Rylie Bowman, Rhea Richardson, Brya Wenger, Grace Lux, Kamiah Leach, Erika Tate
Sophomores Participate in Hearing Screening - Wednesday, 10/12
The Week Ahead
National School Lunch Week!
Monday, October 10
- Indigenous People's Day
- School Board meeting, 5:45pm
Tuesday, October 11
- World Awareness Fair, 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- Crosstown soccer at BHS - Girls-5:00pm, Boys-7:00pm
Wednesday, October 12
- PSAT in the Blue gym in the morning
- Staff meeting, 3:45 p.m.
Thursday, October 13
- Bus evacuation Drill 1-2:30 p.m.
- Cross Country-Gallatin Invite at Cottonwood Golf Club
- Volleyball vs. Skyview, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 14
- Crosstown football game, GHS is the visiting team, 7:00 p.m.
- Tickets available at this link
Saturday, October 15
- Volleyball at Billings Senior, 2:00 p.m.
Other Upcoming Dates
- School Pictures - Retakes are October 28th
- Thanksgiving Break – November 23-25
- Winter Break – December 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- Finals Week - January
- Spring Break – March 13-17
- Prom – Saturday, April 15
- Graduation – Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m.
Thanks to HOSA for hosting the blood drive last week and to all who donated!
Thank you to these parents and community members who helped chaperone the Homecoming Dance
Class of 2023 - Senior Information
Caps and Gowns
- Link to order
- Orders can also be placed in person on Tuesday, October 4, 10am-2pm at GHS
- Jostens met with the GHS Class of 2023 last week and important information was handed out. Please ask your senior for their information packet.
- Senior photo submission deadline, November 30th
- Senior baby ad submission deadline, January 13th
- Order a yearbook
- Full overview of information
Highlights from Homecoming Weekend
Thanks to GHS Stuco for an amazing pep assembly and dance!
Honoring Seniors at last Friday's game
PACIf you are interested in joining the PAC and staying up to date on Gallatin parent news, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can join the GHS Booster Club and support Raptor athletics and activities by clicking here.
Do you have some time each week to spend supporting our students and making our halls a welcoming place? Please consider becoming a Project Connect volunteer by signing up here.