Frankford Middle School Enews
STUDY CHATS –Math Help is Here!
Does your 6th or 7th grader need extra help in math? If so, Study Chats is available for them!
8th grade NJHS and AVID students help younger students with their math concepts from their homework.
When: Tuesday & Thursday mornings 7:45- 8:25 a.m. and Tuesday & Thursday after school 3:35-4:25 p.m.
*Students must have a pass from you saying Study Chats room 741 to come in the morning AND they must have transportation home to attend afterschool.
Where: AVID classroom 741
NJHS/AVID students may stop by Mrs. Wynne’s room to sign up to volunteer.
Upcoming Open Study Chat dates:
Nov. 17 & Nov 19
Dec. 1, 3, 8, 10
Questions? Please email: Karyn.email@example.com
PE and Athletics
· Please be sure to send a note with your child if they have been sick or injured and they should not be participating. A parent note can cover up to 3 days. After that a doctor’s note is required. If a doctor has given any restrictions, please send a copy of the doctor’s note to the coaches.
· Athletic/PE gear can be ordered at www.frankfortpta.org
· Basketball team shirts can be ordered at www.frankfordpta.org. The online ordering is open through November 20th.
Frankford Middle School
FABRIC DONATIONS NEEDED
If you have fabric sitting around, Skills for Living would love to turn it into Drawstring Bags.
If you would like to make a donation send it to the front office or
Contact Mrs. Wells at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-752-5301
Dear FMS families,
If you have any Lego base plates (any size or color) or Lego people that you no longer need and would like to donate, we would be very thankful to receive them for AVAC as part of our Stop Motion Animation Lego Movie project.
You can contact me at 469-752-5337 or email me at Ranneh.email@example.com
All schools within PISD are using the Raptor sign-in system to ensure student safety. This system enables schools to run a check on all visitors through a national database. Upon your first visit to Frankford—any person who wishes to enter the building, other than to the school office, must have a driver’s license or state-issued photo ID and will be scanned using the Raptor system regardless of your application status.
This would also include anyone who has a current approved volunteer application on-file with the school and district. For those who still need to apply to become approved volunteers, please use this link www.pisd.edu/volunteer and mark "Frankford" as your campus of choice.
For official PISD guidelines, please visit: http://www.pisd.edu/about.us/safety/index.shtml
Frankford PTA Volunteers VP 2014-2016
972-964-1141 home, 972-978-1707 cell
Plano ISD Infocenter
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
Plano ISD Night with Texas Legends
The PISD Council have teamed up with the Texas Legends for a PISD Family Fun Night. If you purchase your tickets for the game following the link below, choose Frankford as your campus, and Frankford PTA will receive $5.00 for each ticket sold! Please contact Jenny Olmsted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.