The DCMS Bat Signal: 2/18/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Good Monday morning to you all! The week ahead is FFA week! Monday and Tuesday are White/White days for related arts. We have an extra white day in the mix due to our snow-make up day. The dress up days to celebrate FFA week are the following. You may wear jeans if you pair them with the theme for the day!
Monday: ALOHAAAA day
Tuesday: Tie Dye
Thursday: Ag Shirt (tractor, animal, 4-H... it's a pretty broad theme... just as long as it is Ag, it counts!)
Friday: Blue and Gold
The PLC on Wednesday, 2/20, will be shortened by a required ILearn training put on by Morgan Walker. ALL DCMS teachers must attend at the MS for this PLC. If you normally go to DHS, please plan to stay at the MS on 2/20.
Have a wonderful week!
Classroom 911 Presentation by Gwynn Wills
Submit Same Day Absences the Same Day in Frontline, Please & More
The only forms requiring a paper request in addition to the Frontline request is a professional leave request. The reason we need to continue using paper, for the time being, is because the account codes are not yet included in Frontline yet. This too shall end in time. Stay tuned.
Best Practices for Wait Time
- PTO Mtg - Monday, 2/25, @ 3:30 PM in the office conference room
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 3/11, @ SE in the cafe starting at 6:30 PM
- MS Spring Pictures with LifeTouch - Tuesday, 3/19
- Department Head Mtg w/Marsha - Tuesday, 2/19, @ 3:30 PM.
- ***PLC - Wednesday, 2/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM* This PLC will be shortened by a required ILearn training put on by Morgan Walker. ALL DCMS teachers must attend at the MS for this PLC.
- Department Mtgs - Tuesday, 2/26, @7:25 AM; locations TBD by Department Heads
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/27, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/6, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 3/12, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/13, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
Marsha and Laura Tice will be out 2/27 & 2/28 at training in Bloomington. Dave will be out 3/5.
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.