Ozaukee Elementary Update
October 8, 2021
SELECCIONAR: TRADUCIR A LA DERECHA (EN ESPAÑOL)
NOSD Homecoming Week - Join us in celebrating October 11-15th
OES will be participating in SPIRIT WEEK along with students at OHS!!!
Monday - Graufit (grey outfit)
Tuesday -Camo Day
Wednesday - Color Day
4K/EC - red
5K - blue
1st Grade - yellow
2nd Grade - orange
3rd Grade - green
4th Grade - purple
5th Grade - neon
Thursday - Cowboy/Cowgirl
Friday - Warrior Spirit Wear
OES Picture Retake Day October 18th
If your child has not been photographed this school year, please be prepared to have a photograph taken on re-take day. All students must be photographed.
STUDENTS THAT WOULD LIKE RE-TAKE PHOTOS:
If you want a re-take of your student’s original portrait, please return the original package in its entirety to the photographer on re-take day. A replacement package will be printed and delivered to school with your student’s new image. If you did not purchase photos from the original picture day and want a re-take, please have the student’s picture taken.
STUDENTS WHO WANT TO ORDER SCHOOL PICTURES FOR THE FIRST TIME:
If you would like to order school pictures for the first time, you can print and use the order form .pdf that is attached or obtain one from the school office. Just fill out the order form and bring it with you to re-take day.
STUDENTS WHO DID NOT ORDER SCHOOL PICTURES AND WOULD LIKE TO ORDER AT A LATER TIME:
If you do not order your student’s portrait on re-take day, you will still be able to order online for the entire school year. Approximately 3 weeks after the portrait is taken your student will bring home a proof form with their own secure private gallery password. Online orders get mailed directly to your home and will include a shipping charge of $5.25.
DELIVERY OF RE-TAKE PORTRAITS:
Re-take photos will be delivered to the school approximately three weeks after the re-take day.
Warriors Girls Basketball
WARRIOR BOYS BASKETBALL CLUB
We are excited to be partners with DICK’S Sporting Goods as we get ready for the upcoming season. As part of their support, DICK’S Sporting Goods will be hosting a 20% off shop event for all Warriors Boys Basketball Club athletes, families, and community supporters at the Grafton store on 10/15 – 10/18/2021.
The discount is valid on purchases STOREWIDE! If you can't find an item in the store, ask a sales associate to help you order it, and still receive 20% off.
Present the coupon at the register to redeem this special offer! The coupon can also be downloaded and displayed from your mobile device.
This is a great time to get your basketball shoes for the season and all your other sporting goods equipment.
You may share this with any family and friends.
The Ozaukee Warrior Boys and Girls Basketball Clubs are in need of coaches to help continue the success of our youth basketball programs.
For more information on how you can help make a difference for these kids please contact
email@example.com for the Girls Club
firstname.lastname@example.org for the Boys Club (5/6th grade coach needed)
Note: You must preregister for this event - click on the above link
Warrior Way Shout Outs!!
Have someone at NOSD you would like to recognize? Take a moment to complete the short form and they will be recognized on our Warrior Way Wednesday shout-outs.
Dismissal time -order your district issued pick-up pass
All families who choose to pick up their child(ren) from OES at dismissal time will be required to show a district-issued pick-up pass. Families will show the pass upon arrival and your child(ren) will be released to your car.
If you do not have your pass for whatever reason, you will need to call the OES office to have your child(ren) released from school.
NEW SAFETY MEASURE FOR PICK-UP TIME
Thank you for helping us create the safest environment for our elementary dismissal time.
**OES morning drop-off & afternoon pick-up procedures**
Please do your part to read & follow these directions.
Be patient and courteous of others in the parking lot. Thank you.
- The front curbside drop-off & parking lot area are used for OES students.
- Please do not arrive early! Supervision & student drop-off time begins at 8:25 AM. Vehicles should not be lined up prior to that time. Follow directions on posted signs.
- Cars stay to the right of the approach/drop-off lane and pull forward to the elementary parking lot area near the sign that says "Student Drop".
- Students ready: coat on, backpack closed & ready to exit vehicle
- Students exit on right side of vehicle curbside (not into traffic). *Please move car seat/booster seat to the right side of vehicle if possible.
- Driver pulls up tight to the curb to allow for easy exit for student and for safety of passing cars in left lane.
- Only the student should be exiting the car (unless needing assistance out of a car seat buckle or harness) to allow for quicker departure.
- Cars pull up tight to the curb along the side of OES for dropping off students (and also picking up in PM).
- OES Staff will be positioned outside to assist & direct students.
- Car students use the sidewalk leading directly to the OES doors
- Any car students who will be having school breakfast enter the cafeteria doors in the front corner of the building (a staff member will be there with a sign)
- Watch for other cars as you pull away from the curb to exit and travel in the left lane.
- All students enter the building starting at 8:25 AM. Students who bike or walk to school should not be arriving prior to 8:25 AM.
- Please do not arrive early! Supervision & student pick-up time begins at 3:40 PM. *Wednesday Early Release Dismissal is at 2:50 PM. Vehicles should not be lined up prior to that time.
- Students waiting for car pick-up are lined up. OES Staff on duty is equipped with walkie-talkies. As cars pull up in the pick-up lane, the staff members see the family name sign (see info below in the next section) displayed in the window. They call the family name and the student/s come out quickly and get into their car.
- Watch for other cars as you pull away from the curb to exit and travel in the left lane.
**If you decide to park for arrival or dismissal, use the parking lot area in front of OES & OMS. You need to park your vehicle and use the crosswalk to drop-off or pick-up your student/s from the sidewalk area in front of the elementary school.**
Early pick up & late drop-off procedures
Please notify us if your child will be arriving to school late or you are picking up early.
You may come in our lobby and sign your child in. If your child is old enough to get in the doors by themselves, notify us the same way and we can help them sign in.
If you are picking up early - you can sign your child out in the lobby. We can make sure your child is here waiting or call for them if need be. Please remember to park in the parking lot and come in to the OES Lobby. Please do not park in the drop-off zone in front of school.
Riveredge Family Nature Club
Hello NOSD Families,
My name is Rachel Race, Riveredge Scientist in Residence, and I am excited to share that I will be working in the district alongside the teachers. This partnership will assist in using the green space around the school, the Mark Montaba Nature Center, and using the outdoors to assist in learning.
Riveredge is thrilled to share that we have a FREE Family Nature Club that is open to the public. To learn more about this club, click on this Riveredge Family Nature Club link.
See the Riveredge Family Nature Club Facebook Page to see what events are happening in the future.
Please email Michelle (OES office) if a bus change is needed. (email@example.com)
*Instructions & reminders from the bus company:
- Students follow seating charts: younger students sit in the front; siblings usually sit together; students are arranged according to bus stops
- **Be on time for bus pick-up...buses are running a tight schedule. If your child misses the bus, the bus must complete its run and drop-off all other students at school. Call the bus company and they will advise you if a bus is able to come back for your child or if you need to provide transportation. If this happens frequently, you will be contacted by the bus company.
- **There will not be bus passes issued for students to ride another route or get dropped off at another stop.
All of these instructions help keep our students safe and help the buses to run efficiently.
Food Service information
The Northern Ozaukee School District is able to provide breakfast and lunch to all students at no cost due to the USDA extending the nationwide program through the 2021-2022 school year. Every student is eligible to receive the free qualified meals through this program. Any Ala Carte items outside the normal meals, including additional milks, will continue to be charged to the student food service accounts.
In order for it to be a reimbursable (free) meal the students must take at least 3 of the 5 components offered each day. If they are unsure of what those components are they are encouraged to ask any of the cafeteria staff.
FREE Fall Workshops
We are excited to offer a wide variety of free classes and workshops this Fall. Check our website for the most up-to-date info.
Rainbows Program Begins October 19
Rainbows is a program for children and adolescents (k-12) who are dealing with major family changes such as divorce or death. The 12-week program seeks to provide a rainbow after the storm in a child's life. Its goals are to help participants understand and express their feelings, to build a stronger sense of self-esteem, and to direct their energy toward a healthy acceptance of the changes that have taken place. At each session small groups of children share activities and discuss common concerns. A concurrent group is offered for parents.
Groups are facilitated by understanding and empathetic volunteers who have participated in a formal training program.
Groups will meet every other week on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 7:30 at our office in Grafton. Sessions run from October 19 through March 29 (no session on December 28). If you would like to learn more about this FREE program, register your child, and/or volunteer to be a facilitator, please call 262-376-7774 or email Abi Ribecky or Laura Smith.
NOSD Outdoor Facilities Campaign is Officially Underway
On April 26th, the Northern Ozaukee School District launched a $3.5 Million Dollar Outdoor Facilities Campaign. The district is excited about this vision and the plan to move forward. Opportunities to donate to this project and purchase naming rights to various updates is now available. Head to the Northern Ozaukee School District Outdoor Facilities Project website to learn more. You can also follow the NOSD Outdoor Facilities Campaign Facebook page for updates.
Dates for your Calendar
October 8 - No School Students & Staff
October 18 - Picture Re-Take Day
October 29 - No School Records Day End of Term 1
November 1 - Term 2 Begins
November 3 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 3-7 pm
November 4 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7 pm
November 11-14 Musical "Seussical" at OHS
November 24-26 No School Thanksgiving Break
Like Us on Facebook!
NOSD PTR https://www.facebook.com/NOSDPTR