Let Your Dreams GROW Wild! Dec 5 - Dec 9, 2022
Mr. Sheets, Principal * Mrs. Green, Assistant Principal * Mrs. Tokarz, Assistant Principal
-Sprouts of the Week- Success!
Brantlee Morton, Mason Owens, Liam Hughes, Ashaleena Altaf, & Logan Whitfield
Ein Hughes, Camron Fowler, Tristan Brazeal, Taisei Gadboisf, & Sammy Nolasco
These students are being recognized by their teachers for showing Success- our character word of the week for 11/28/22- 12/2/22
CMSS Word of the Week- Perserverance
Each week, CMSS will have a Word of the Week. Teachers will use their Advisory time to discuss the word and what it means/looks like at school, home, our community, and around the world.
This week's Word of the Week is....PERSEVERANCE.
Perseverance is a noun that is defined as the persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. It comes from the Latin word perseverantia, meaning "steadfastness and constancy."
- Staying with the task and not giving up.
- Showing commitment to complete tasks.
- Trying again and again and again and again....
- Being patient and willing to work hard.
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi Jr.
Green Thumb of the Week
This week's "Green Thumb" award winner nominated by his peers is Coach Daniel Fuller!
Get Your Yearbooks Now!
Cafeteria Christmas Story Contest
Middle School Supply Fee (5th-6th) - There is a one-time $25 fee that includes all necessary school supplies and a class t-shirt. In addition to the supply fee, students are asked to bring a backpack, pencils, paper, and a water bottle.
The K-6th $25 supply fee can be paid during Open House (August 18th) by cash or check. Or you can pay online now at https://cabot.revtrak.net. Click on middle schools, and then select Middle School South
*Please note there is a fee for paying online.
FREE Breakfast and FREE/REDUCED Lunch Prices
Families who believe they may qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on household income are strongly encouraged to submit an online meal application as soon as possible through www.ezmealapp.com. This website is secure and confidential and is a faster and easier way for parents to apply.
Completing your application can help our district and students in many areas beyond just free or reduced-price meals. These include:
- Increased state and federal funding for schools to ensure students receive the support they need and deserve (district social worker, math/literacy/dyslexia interventionists) to help struggling learners, as well as many other academic needs.
- Discounts on fees associated with applying for college.
- Discounts on fees associated with academic tests such as the ACT and SAT.
- Access to two (2) concurrent credit (college classes) opportunities at no cost to the family.
What's for Lunch?
Pre pay your school lunch account here.
Menu: Dec 5 - Dec 9
Monday-Cheeseburger, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Tuesday- Beef Soft Taco w/ Cheese/Pepperoni Pizza
Wednesday- Corndog, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Thursday- Chicken Tenders & Vegetables
Friday- Pizza Pro Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza
Cell Phone Policy
For more information about cell phones or access to the student handbook, click the link below
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that you can support CMSS through Box Tops for Education! Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
- December 8: Family Movie Night
- December 15: Class Winter Celebrations
- December 16: End of Second Nine Weeks Grading Period
- December 19-January 2: No School/Winter Break
- Jan 3: Students return from Winter Break
- Jan 4-6: CMSS MAPs testing
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
Cabot Middle School South