Comstock IC Corner
September 19, 2016
Guided Reading Library
1 - Bring your smart phone with you and use the free Booksource APP.
2 - Use your classroom desktop computer.
3 - Use the laptop and scanner in the guided reading library (picture below).
When entering data into Aware, please report your student's instructional reading level in Aware. The iStation ISIP score, provides the instructional reading level.
BOY Assessments are to be completed and entered into Aware by September 30th!
1st Grade - New Writing Partnership Menus in Eduphoria!
First Grade Writing Workshop Partnership menus with question stems have been added to Eduphoria. You can locate the new menus in Eduphoria- ELA Resources-Small Group/Conferring Resources-Conferring Resources-Writing Partnership Menus.
What Can I Work On as a Reader? A Self Reflection Tool for Finding Goals
Check out this new resource from Jennifer Serravallo designed to be used with students as teacher work to find and establish goals for students. You can involve students in the goal-setting process by offering them the opportunity to identify with statements that align to different goals from the “Hierarchy of Possible Goals” on page 3 of The Reading Strategies Book (Serravallo 2015).
Leveled Literacy Intervention
ITL - please click on this link to provide me a list of teachers that are teaching LLI this school year!
Who will be taking ESTAR this Fall?
We will have a soft roll-out of ESTAR for the fall administration with our campus having one classroom in each of the grade levels participate in the ESTAR (one 2nd grade classroom, one 3rd grade classroom, and one 4th grade classroom). All 2nd-5th grade math classrooms will be taking the winter and spring administrations of ESTAR/MSTAR.
What is there to do before ESTAR/MSTAR administration?
Schedule computer lab time for one 2nd grade class, one 3rd grade class, one 4th grade class, and the 5th grade classes before the window closes. If you need help with this process, please e-mail me. I would be more than happy to help!
What will we do with the data after the ESTAR/MSTAR?
I will analyze and create next steps based on the ESTAR/MSTAR data during an upcoming IC Meeting.
- Administration Windows:
- Fall: Now–October 14, 2016
- Winter: January 9, 2017–February 10, 2017
- Spring: April 3, 2017–May 5, 2017
- A parent letter has been created for STEMscopes. Please use as a template and modify as you see fit --> Parent Letter Template
- Don't forget to assign the same activities in STEMscopes as a grade level.
- If you would like for me to stop by to your grade level planning session to show you all of the wonderful features of STEMscopes, please send me an e-mail and two dates that would work for your team!
- If you've read all the way through this newsletter, send me an e-mail titled, "MEOW." The first 5 people get a JEANS PASS!!
- September 20 - Sue McAdams K-3rd Grade Teachers
- September 21 - 4th & 5th Grade Strategy Group PD during planning
- September 23 - Training with Pam from 1-4 p.m.
- September 30 - Beginning of Year Reading Assessments Due in Eduphoria
- October 5 - I will off off campus in the AM at an IC Meeting