May 30, 2016
May, June, & July Birthday Celebrations = This Friday!
Happy Tuesday, Wilson Team!
On another note, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank our entire Wilson TEAM for their participation in our 62nd Annual Track Meet! The two-day event was a definite success due to your efforts. It is always so rewarding to see what we are able to accomplish when we are working towards the same goal! In addition, I would like to extend an additional "KUDOS" to Jen Denman, Esther, and Simeon for the time they spent planning, organizing, and preparing for this AWESOME school-wide event! Kudos, Wilson Team!
Important Reminders for the Week:
- Principal for the Day, Ms. Sormano will be joining me for the day, Tuesday, 5/31
- 1st graders visit Wilson, Tuesday, 5/31@ 9:00 AM
- Awards Assembly, Tuesday, 5/31 @ 10:25 AM (basketball courts)
- Kickball Tournament, Wednesday, 6/1 @ 12:45 PM (All are invited to play)
- Minimum Day, Wednesday, 6/1 @ 2:00 PM in room 32
- Gold Rush Days, Thursday, 6/2 & Friday, 6/3
- Ram of the Month Lunch, Friday, 6/3
- Monthly Birthday Celebration = Round Table Lunch, Friday, 6/3 (Yes, I'm cooking! LOL!)
- Minimum Days=All Week (6/6-6/10)
- Tracey will be off campus = 6/6-6/9 (Mona will be on campus during this time)
What Does it Mean to Teach Like a PIRATE?
P=Passion (Rediscover your professional/content passion!)
I=Immerse (Immerse yourself in the lesson)
R=Rapport (Build rapport/relationships with your students)
A=Ask/Analyze (What could I do to make this lesson better? Reflect!)
T=Transformation (Transform your teaching! Push yourself out of your comfort zone!
E=Enthusiasm (Your demeanor will influence your students! Would you want to be a student in your class?)
Way to go, 3rd Grade Ts! Your passion for learning and exploring definitely carries over to our kiddos!
Kudos, Alice! Giving our Tech Ninjas the creative freedom to problem solve their sphero lessons puts them in the driver seat of their new learning!
Woot! Woot! Tom taking the time to build rapport with parents and students creates priceless smiles like this one! Way to go!
I'm speechless, Pam! Giving your kiddos another positive outlet to handle a difficult situation. You ROCK!
Kudos, Anne! Your incorporation of "hands on" science activities definitely enhances student engagement! Way to go!
Way to go, Whitney and Carrie! Your enthusiasm for learning and building community within your classrooms is simply awesome!