What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance : 97.17%
**This is part of our BSIP (Building School Improvement Plan). To get our average above 96% for the year** Current percentage for Sweeny YTD 96.27%
Mark your Calendar:
- Week of April 11-15-- Spirit week (See note below)
- Wednesday, April 13th-- Sweeny's Papa John's Night use the code "sweeny" to help our school!!
- Monday, April 18th--MAP testing begins
- Thursday, April 21st-- Kindergarten Orientation
- Friday, April 22nd--School Improvement Day--No School for Students
- Thursday, April 28th--Sweeny Showcase
- May 7th-- ROAR run registration form or you can register online for an additional fee
Spirit Week for MAP
- Monday, 4/11 "Put your thinking cap on" Hat Day
- Tuesday 4/12 "Let's do our best on the test" Wear your best
- Wednesday, 4/13 "Sweeny's future is bright" Wear black and orange and sunglasses
- Thursday, 4/14 "Don't sweat the test" wear sweats or athletic attire
- Friday, 4/15 "Rock the MAP" dress like a rockstar
- Summer School at RMS information is also coming home. Summer school is a great and fun way for students to get to know the building and take part in some fun activities. Please take the time to look over the paper with your child. You can register by following the link Summer Splash at RMS . I think this is a great way for students to transition, they will make friends, get to know the staff, and building. For more information click here.
What we are Learning:
Writing: We are using the texts from the week to practice writing each of the different genres (narrative, opinion, informational)
Math: We are working through our geometry chapter and focusing on finding volume.
Science: We are giving our presentations for our PBL then working on Performance Tasks similar to what they will see on the MAP test.
The Students Earning 98% of Better For April Received Hurtz Donuts!!
Websites We Like in Class
MAP Test Dates- Changed
ELA (English Language Arts)
I try to schedule snacks so students have a protein and a carb (either starch or fruit) each testing day.