CDW Weekly Wrap-Up
September 3, 2021
A Message from Ms. Santa
CDW Media Center Website
Ms. DiPisa would like to introduce the new Media Center Website! We encourage you to take a tour and learn about all of the wonderful happenings going on in our CDW Media Center!
Getting to Know You, STEM Style!
For example, the questions included, but were not limited to:
"What is your favorite animal?"
"What did you do this summer?"
See the outstanding work below!
REMINDER FOR PHYSICAL UPDATES - Soccer & Volleyball
Thank you to all who have submitted updated physical records. We have extended the deadline until September 8, 2021, for those who still need time. Please see the following information, and if you have any questions, reach out to Mrs. McCarthy.
The Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (PPE) may ONLY be completed by a licensed physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) that has completed the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module. It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module before scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
Lunch in the Cafeteria
Today's first lunch of the year was successful! As we continue to follow safety protocols, we have a different cafeteria set up this year (see picture below) to ensure safe distancing, and there is a maximum amount of students at each table.
*If you are dropping off a lunch for your child(ren), please ring the bell and when you are let in, please place the lunch on the table to your right with the green table cloth (see picture below). Do not place it in the drop off bins outside of the school.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop-off will continue to be on Interschool Drive.
- For the safety of all students, we ask that you stay in your vehicle at drop-off and dismissal.
- Please do not use the upper faculty parking lot for drop-off/pick-up/or exiting of school grounds during school hours. CDW faculty and BOE-approved bus companies are the only vehicles permitted in the upper lot.
- There will be adult supervision starting at 8:10 AM, and the doors will open at 8:20 AM. If there is inclement weather, students will be ushered into the school gymnasiums.
- The students in Grades 5 & 6 will line up on the blacktop in the back of the school near the basketball courts.
- The students in Grades 7 & 8 will line up on the blacktop by the 7th and 8th Grade Wing Exterior Door.
New Jersey Standardized Testing Update: Start Strong
- On Monday, September 20th, the students in Grades 5-8 will take the NJ Start Strong Math Assessment.
- On Tuesday, September 21st, the students in Grades 5-8 will take the NJ Start Strong Language Arts Assessment.
- On Wednesday, September 22nd, the students in Grade 6 will take the NJ Start Strong Science Assessment.
- Each assessment is 60 minutes.
Lunch Vendors are Back!
Back to School Night
Some important information:
- Your child(ren) will bring home a schedule for you to follow throughout the night.
- The 7th Grade Sharpe Trip Chaperones ONLY will meet with Mr. Westervelt in the Lynch Gym at 6:30 PM.
- Since Language Arts and some Math Schedules are a double period, you will be able to visit Lynch Gym during the second session to enjoy refreshments and check out this year's CDW Spirit Wear. Stay tuned for information in the upcoming CDW Weekly Wrap-Ups about how to order Spirit Wear.
- The Cycle/PE teachers will be stationed in the Rossi Gym.
- Just a reminder, please do not park in the staff parking spots (designated by a number).
Chromebook Insurance Information
Join the PTO!
Volunteers play a huge part in the PTO and what we are able to offer our students and teachers. Without volunteers, many of the programs that students, teachers, and families enjoy will not be able to happen. Volunteer descriptions can be found at: OTPTO.org under "More Info" and then "Flyers."
If you have interest in joining the PTO Board, joining or running a committee, or just want to learn more- please reach out to the PTO by visiting OTPTO.org and selecting "Contact Old Tappan PTO" under the Help tab.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, September 6th~ School Closed for Labor Day
Tuesday, September 7th~ School Closed for Rosh Hashanah
Thursday, September 9th~ 7th Grade Parent Sharpe Reservation Information Meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, September 16th~ School Closed for Yom Kippur
Monday, September 20th-Wednesday, September 22nd~ NJ Start Strong Assessments
Thursday, September 23rd~ Back to School Night 7:00 PM