Are you a 3D Rockstar?
HELP RESHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE 3D MARKETPLACE
RenderLife’s mission is to unite the 3D world with remarkable art and opportunities. We will accelerate the artistic and commercial progression of 3D while expanding the market space, providing a superior platform to showcase and purchase models. If you eat, breath, sleep, love, and want to nurture the 3D world- join the team for an opportunity to influence RenderLife as it evolves, and impact the 3D community. We are a dynamic, leading edge, and charismatic team, and we welcome you to an entrepreneurial start-up with integrity, drive and the desire to showcase the best in 3D.
RenderLife passionately believes in the limitless capabilities of people who are encouraged to reach their full potential. That's why we`ve designed a workspace that enables leaders to think big, collaborate and be actively involved in building a world-class e-commerce company.
We have numerous programs in place to encourage professional development, personal achievement, and teambuilding. RenderLife is a fast paced and exciting place to work; if you want to be part of an organization that encourages innovation, creativity, growth, and work/life balance; this is the company for you.
The RenderLife team is united by all things 3D. We aren’t looking for successful job applicants. We are creating opportunities for talented individuals who are motivated and share our passion for the 3D cause. We will offer a mix of current compensation and equity.
Our 3D Director will be a self-directed, entrepreneurial, passionate, bold, and a curious 3D generalist who has such a passion for creating unforgettable work it keeps them driving towards perfection.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience modelling assets for a diverse range of visual environments and a strong grasp of the top 3D software applications (3DS, Maya, Cinema 4D). The 3D Director must have experience leading a creative team and fostering an inclusive, maximized energetic environment for peers who are equally as inspired by highly curated 3D content. The 3D Director will be responsible for growing the team artistically and technically while maintaining the highest level of quality for all assets.
- Industry leader - you eat, breath, sleep, love, nurture the 3D world
- Have the highest set of quality standards for your and your team’s work
- Understanding of time, workflows and how to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A self-starter and entrepreneur who is motivated to inspire a team
- Results oriented with a proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to lead a team, but also know when it’s time to let the team lead
- Proven ability to mentor effectively
- Expert understanding of 3DS, Maya, Cinema 4D & Photoshop
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure and textures in regards to modeling
- A minimum of 6+ years industry experience, with at least 2 years in a senior/leadership role
- The 3D Director will be based in Toronto, Ontario at RenderLife’s Head office
A Portfolio is required, demonstrating all aspects of your skills (high & low poly models, textures, renders, animations/demo reel). Link to online CV/portfolio and/or LinkedIn profile is also helpful.
Extra points for:
- Additional experience in video game design and animation/CGI
- Expertise with any or all of the following: V-Ray, Z-Brush, Softimage, Mudbox, Rhino, Sketch Up, Blender, Mental Ray, Daz
- Experience working in a start-up or as a freelance artist