Habitats and Environments
by Henry Meredith
The 2 animals that I am going to look at are the Polar Bear who lives in extremely cold climates and the Cobra who lives in hot tropical climates.
- They can swim well and they like to live near water and trees
- They normally grow to about 13 feet but have been known to grow up to 18 feet
- There is enough venom in a single bite to kill 1 elephant or 20 adults
- They eat other snakes ,small mammals and lizards
- They are the only snakes to build nests for their eggs
- They shed their skin 4 to 6 times a year
- They live to be around 20
The Polar Bear
some Polar Bear facts!
Polar bears have black skin and although their fur appears white, it is actually see-through!
It is the largest meat eater that lives on land.
Seals make up most of a polar bears diet.
Male polar bears can weigh up to 680 kg (1500 lb).
Female polar bears usually only weigh about half as much as males.
Polar bears spend most of their time at sea.
Scientists think there are around 20000 polar bears.
Polar bears have 42 teeth.
Polar bears keep warm thanks to nearly 10 cm of blubber under the skin.
Polar bears have an excellent sense of smell: they can smell seals nearly a mile away (1.6 km).
Polar bears can reach speeds up to 40 kph (25 mph) on land and 10 kph (6 mph) in water