Glacier Peak High School
Daily Bulletin June 10, 2022
Baccalaureate is being hosted by One Voice Club on Sunday, June 12, at 7 p.m. All seniors and their guests are invited to join this non-denominational Christian graduation ceremony to celebrate the seniors’ high school experience with worship, testimonies, and a message in the PAC. Seniors, please wear your cap and gown and arrive at 6:30 p.m.
Current Fines List
The current fines list will be posted on the windows across from bookkeeping and in the commons. If your name appears on this list, it is because our records indicate that you have an outstanding fine from current or previous years in the Snohomish School District. Fines can be paid online or at the bookkeeping office. Please see bookkeeping for any questions.
Lost and Found
All library books were due on June 3. Please return your overdue or missing books ASAP so we complete the library inventory. During the last week of school you may drop by the LMC before or after school to check out library books for the summer.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, June 13 - Glacier Peak High School graduation ceremony
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release)
- Tuesday, August 23 and Wednesday, August 24 - Student Startup. Times TBD
Today's Athletic Events
Please see the Wesco Athletics website for today's schedules. To view all game scores please click this link to Wesco Athletics. Choose your sport and click on schedule to view final scores.
2022-23 Sports Season Start Dates
- August 17, 2022: football* (grades 10-12).
- Freshman Football: start date is Wednesday, August 24.
- August 22, 2022: volleyball, boys cross country*, girls cross country*, girls soccer, boys tennis, girls swim & dive*
*designates a non-cut sport
Graduation Rehearsal and Ceremony
Class of 2022 Final Transcripts
- Your High School Final Transcripts will be mailed to the institution you indicated on your senior exit survey on June 29, 2022. Please see Mrs. Winckler or Mrs. Aylesworth if you have any questions.
- College in the High School/CTE Dual Credit transcripts: students must order an official transcript from the college they received credit from and have it sent to the college they will be attending. Use this link to order from EvCC. Please confirm senior grades have been posted at the community college prior to ordering.
Diploma Pick - Up
Seniors please pick up your Diploma, final report card, transcript and copy of your immunizations at Glacier Peak on June 29 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. outside of the main office.
Glacier Peak Graduation Ceremony Pictures
Senior Graduation Tickets
2022 Senior Activities and Events
AJAC Advanced Manufacturing Bootcamp
June 28-30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. AJAC Youth apprenticeship is offering a hybrid bootcamp experience where students can learn about apprenticeship training opportunities and careers in advanced manufacturing. The bootcamp prepares students for next steps into AJAC’s youth apprenticeship programs. AJAC youth apprenticeships are open to incoming juniors and seniors. For more information, please consider attending an upcoming zoom informational session.
Career and Technical Scholarship
Apply now for the Career and Technical Scholarship provided by the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship program! The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) provides Washington state residents with $1,500 per quarter towards an eligible associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship in a trade, STEM or health care field. Funding can be used at any Washington state community or technical college and can be used to cover tuition, fees and other costs of attendance such as housing, transportation, food and more. Apply now! Visit waopportunityscholarship.org to learn more.
Community and Technical College Fair!
Virtual: Community and Technical College Fairs. Admissions representatives from Cascadia College, Edmonds College, Everett Community College, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, and Shoreline Community College have teamed up to share more about their schools and the programs they offer on July 21.
FAFSA you can't receive financial aid if you don't apply!
Spreadsheet of upcoming college visits
Take self assessments, research programs and schools!
2022 Yearbook Distribution
Pass the Hat Fundraiser
Glacier Peak High School Parent Org Board is kicking off their one and only fundraiser called "Pass the Hat". This fundraiser raises funds that support programs and activities for our students including:
- Emergency preparedness
- Scholarships for Seniors
- Grants for school and students
- Academic Support through PM at the Peak
- School Branding and media
…Not to mention the numerous big and small items that our Parent Org Board supports throughout the school year. Every dollar spent is focused on supporting all GPHS students.
Over the past two years, our Parent Board has continued to fund these important programs without requesting any donations. Would you consider donating $50.00 per family to continue to support our GP students? Thank you for your consideration and investing in your child's education through your donation to our Pass the Hat Fundraiser.
PM at the PEAK!
Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date!
It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
This reminder is especially important if your child is transitioning to preschool, kindergarten, or 7h grade, as each of these grades has additional immunization requirements.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
Please complete Student Transportation Input Form
So that we can better plan student transportation needs and routes/schedules for the 2022—2023 school year, we have implemented an online Student Transportation Input Form at www.sno.wednet.edu/ridethebus. Between now and through early summer, we are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed once per student.
2022-2023 School Year Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/calendars for additional information regarding district and school events and activities.
District-approved community fliers
- Blood Drive - June 6-8
- Camp Girls on the Run
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak High School Grizzly Softball Camp - June 22-23
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Youth Summer Tennis Camp
- Grizzly Open Youth Tennis Tournament - August 18-21
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- Mariners Grand Slam Camps - July 11-14
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish High School Panther Youth Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - June 2022
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Black Student Union Club
BSU (Black Student Union) Club is starting back up on Thursdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Mrs. Veach's classroom, 312. BSU hopes to create cultural unity and provide a safe space for students to talk about things that impact their lives especially as it pertains to race, culture, inclusion, and diversity. BSU does not discriminate with who can participate and engage in these conversations. All students are invited.
Hey Glacier Peak Students! Come join us in the library on Wednesdays, at 2:30 for Book Club. We are reading and discussing exciting reading selections.
Code Club/Dell Tech Crew
FFA - Veterinary Science Team
FFA-Vet Science Club is available to students in Animal or Advanced Animal Biology for active membership. Other students not enrolled in those courses may attend meetings but may not become active members. This club focuses on veterinary medicine and the multiple FFA Vet science competitions that lead up to the State Competition at WSU. Meeting Thursdays, 2:20 in room 108.
Game Club kicked off with a bang! We meet in room 209 after school until 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays! No need to know how to play one of the many games we have! Just show up and have fun. See Mr. Benson for details.
Hey Grizzlies, want to learn how to make money in the stock market and participate in global competitions with other investors? Come to room 201 on Friday at 12:30 p.m.
Christian at GP? Come to One Voice, Thursday's at 2:30 in Room 314! All are welcome. The structure will be different this year – Bible study, prayer, service, and more. All are welcome. See you Thursday!
RAKE's goal is to unite the GP Community through random (and intentional) acts of kindness. To make sure members of our community feel like they matter. We meet Wednesday's during all lunches. All are welcome!
Sports Medicine Club
All sports medicine students are automatically in the club. Anyone is welcome to join! We promote healthcare career opportunities and enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. Human anatomy, physiology, nutrition, medical terminology, injury prevention, injury diagnosis, therapeutic modalities, and rehabilitation topics will be discussed.
Sports Medicine Club will be a part of the state chapter of HOSA (Future Health Professionals), which is a CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization)
To learn more please visit: www.wahosa.org. Sports Medicine Club meets at 2:15 p.m. (First & Third Tuesdays) in room 702
Speech and Debate
Turning Point USA
Tutoring Club is starting up this Wednesday! Need some help on that homework, or just a place to sit and get your work done? Come to room 215 on Wednesdays from 2:30 - 3:30 and our student tutors will help you get the job done.
Are you interested in creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for ALL students at Glacier Peak? Club Unified is having an interest meeting Wednesday, December 8, during Grizzly period in the commons, all are welcome!
Glacier Peak High School
Subscribe or Unsubscribe
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com