IASL Conference 2017 * April 2 & 3
New location: West Des Moines Marriott
A few conference highlights to note:
- Currently, nine Iowa authors are attending our Sunday afternoon meet and greet round table. You'll love hearing about their work and how they want to partner with Iowa school librarians.
- Jordan Sonnenblick is offering a great workshop Sunday afternoon prior to his Sunday evening keynote. You won't want to miss this time to work one-on-one with this prolific author.
- Joyce Valenza, our keynote speaker for Monday morning, is also offering a concurrent session following the morning address. Check the out the description on App Smashing.
- We have four, not three, concurrent session times - way more offerings and more time to dive into specific areas of interest!
- Are you a future ready librarian? Join the movement! Shannon Miller will be presenting a concurrent session on the teacher librarian on "the leading edge of the digital transformation of learning."
IASL Conference Details
Sunday, April 2nd, 7:30am to Monday, April 3rd, 3:30pm
West Des Moines Marriott Jordan Creek, West Des Moines, IA
Registration now open!
- Register by March 22 (note updated dated!) for the best price.
- Register online or pay by check or PO
- Please use the ILA address on your requisition:
- Iowa Library Association
- 6919 Vista Drive
- West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Contact Marci Titera for questions regarding registration or invoices.
- West Des Moines Marriott - Reserve your room for only $99/night by calling Marriott Reservations at 866-202-9771 or 515-267-1500 and asking for the "School Librarians" block.
What to expect
- Great Keynote Addresses by top presenters (Sunday evening and Monday morning)
- Author Workshop with Jordan Sonnenblick (Sunday afternoon)
- Iowa authors meet and greet
- Concurrent sessions about best practices in literacy, technology, and pedagogy
- Makerspace play room
- Vendor exhibits
Call for Conference Proposals Due by February 20, midnight!
Monday, April 3rd, 7:30am
1250 Jordan Creek Parkway
West Des Moines, IA
It's time to register for an exhibition space at the IASL 2017 Conference.
Registration is now open. Sign up here through the Exhibit Online Portal to reserve your spot!
All registrations will be completed online this year. If you will be paying by PO, there is a "pay later" option to select in the registration process. An invoice will be sent at a later date.
To stay updated on information about the conference, bookmark this Smore flyer that will be updated frequently or visit the ILA website.