October 17 - October 20
What are we up to in class?
ELA: Reviewing standards taught this 9 weeks.
ELA IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
Writing: Writing Narratives
Math: Reviewing and/or extending math standards taught this 9 weeks.
MATH IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
Science: Discovering the use of magnets in everyday life
- Vocabulary: magnetism, poles, attract, repel
Weekly Words: "i-e" pattern wordsdice, mice, slide, hide, kite, pipe, write, line, mine
**With this pattern, students should start to realize that words with a long "i" sound (meaning we say the "i" in the word) end with a silent e.
- 10/17 - Nishie G's Spirit Night
- 10/20 - Shomars Spirit Night
- 10/21 - No School
- 10/24 - 10/28 - Red Ribbon Week
- 10/26 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- 10/28 - Report Cards go home & Grandparents Lunch (please send in RSVP)
Box Tops are collected every Friday
- extra individually packaged snacks
The Attractions Coupon Book Fundraiser has ended. Please return all books not sold and turn in any money. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com
Did you know this year the membership to the IHES PTO is FREE! If you haven't already, please complete the membership flyer and return to the school.
* like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/IndiaHookPTO
* Are you a part of the text remind service? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have an invite sent to your phone
* Feel free to e-mail email@example.com with any questions or ways on how to get involved
Read Your Way to the Big Game!
Reading logs went home last week. Read six books and submit the log to be entered in a contest to win Clemson or USC tickets.
Parent reminders from the office -
Please have your children check lost & found.
PLEASE,PLEASE label your items; Lunch boxes, jackets, etc.
Please try to get daily materials (lunches, ipads, agenda's etc. ) to school with your children in the morning. We are having many interruptions during the instructional day to deliver and call into classes to pick these things up.
Thank you, parents!
Technology in the classroom:
We use many different online tools to aid student learning in the classroom, all of which can be accessed at home!
Below are the links to the different programs we use. Student's usernames and passwords are taped into their binders:
- MobyMax - www.mobymax.com/sc950
- IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- RazKids - https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login (Search for LCopelandIHES for the teacher)
*Students are welcome to bring devices from home to use in class.