THE COUGAR FLASH
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR COUGAR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
SCHOOL ZONE SAFETY
Greetings Cascade View Families,
The safety of our students is the most important goal during drop-off and pick-up. With the new school year beginning it is time to review school zone safety. We all have the responsibility to see that every child is safe. In addition, we need to keep traffic moving to facilitate student arrival and dismissal in a timely way. It is imperative that the following rules are observed. The first few days of school please let your student’s teacher know if your student is a walker, car rider, or bus rider. If your student may need to change where they are dismissed for the school day please let their teacher know so they can have them go to the correct dismissal area. Below are a few school zone safety reminders. Thank you for your patience and for following the arrival and dismissal procedures for safety of students, family, and community. Go CV Cougars!
- Please be sure to cross the street at the designated crosswalks.
- Look left-right-left before stepping into the street.
- Look before walking past stopped vehicles.
- Children and Adults should cross the street only where marked for pedestrian crossing.
- Please do not let your child run between cars because other drivers may not see your child.
- Please slow down when arriving and departing the school.
- Anticipate more traffic in school zones.
- Leave for your destination early due to dismissal traffic.
- Always stop for walkers in the crosswalk.
- Always stop for school buses.
- Please be sure to not park, pick-up, or drop off in the crosswalks.
- Please do not park next to another vehicle (double-parking).
- Please do not move the cones or drive over the cones.
- Please do not park next to the cones.
- Please do not drop students off at the cones.
- Please do not stop at the curbs in front of the school. Doing so creates unsafe conditions for others (pedestrians, buses, other cars).
- Follow the no parking signs in the designated areas.
- Please be sure to not drive or park against the flow of traffic.
- If you would like to walk your child to class, park on one of the side neighborhood streets where parking is allowed.
- When dropping/picking off at the loop, please pull as far forward as possible to alleviate other cars blocking traffic in the street.
- If parking in the designated reserved ADA parking spaces please remember the state reserved parking permit is required.
Joyful Teaching and Learning Everyday