BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 37: 5/3 - 5/7
TEACHERS, "INSPIRE HOPE", "AWAKEN JOY IN CREATIVE EXPRESSION & KNOWLEDGE", AND "AFFECT ETERNITY"! -- Brad Henry, Albert Einstein, & Henry Adams
Dear Buena Vista Families
Deadline to Order Yearbooks: 5/7/2021 - Click Here to Order
Early Literacy and STAR Testing for all students this week.
- 5/2 - 5/7: Teacher Appreciation Week.
- 5/4 - 5/7 TK/K Registration
- SSC Meeting - Postponed.
This newsletter also includes:
- Upcoming Events - Important dates as we near the close of the school year.
- Music lesson # 3 for TK - 2nd grade
- Music lesson #7 for 3rd - 6th grade
- Kindergarten registration - information.
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
Teacher Appreciation Week May 2 - 7
UPCOMING EVENTS -
- 5/27 Virtual Open House - More information will be coming out soon.
- 5/28 Non-student Day (No School)
- 5/31 Holiday, no school (Memorial Day)
- 6/9 Wednesday - Regular day. AM and PM schedule.
- 6/9 Wednesday - 6th grade Virtual Promotion Ceremony. More information will be out soon.
- 6/10 Thursday - Last Day of School (Minimum Day)
BV AWESOME READERS!
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #3: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #7: FOR 3rd - 6th GRADE STUDENTS
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on. Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable
- I got this! Buena Vista, We got this!!!
Click here to access the seven signs of being a trustworthy person.
Click here to access video explaining growth mindset in a student friendly way.
Always creative - Teachers care.
Teachers care - One child at a time.
Class picnic - Social distancing on the grace - using evidence to support ideas..
A great SEL support for students
Community liaison - Thank you for all you to for BV.
It takes a village to raise a child
School Nurse - Thank you for all you do!
It takes a village
Sports for learning acitivity
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.