Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: Jan. 25-29
- Continued John Collins' work in a second grade classroom. The teacher and I worked on journals and extended writing pieces.
- Worked with a third grade class on "'bold beginnings" for writing. Teacher and I co-taught a mini-inquiry unit using mentor texts.
- Conducted Benchmark Assessments for third fourth, and fifth grade teachers who had questions about previous assessment results.
- Attended cohort PLC at Tamassee-Salem on Thursday.
- Reviewed my yearly goals in a GBE meeting on Tuesday.
- Created additional John Collins' writing prompts (integrated into standards) for 4th and 5th grade.
- Set up model lesson times for a first grade classroom.
- Met with fourth grade teacher to discuss FCAs and grading in her Science classes.
- Attended vertical team meetings Monday. We discussed MAP results, trends, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Met with a fifth grade teacher to continue discussing engagement and student progress.
- Created an alphabetical word list for nouns, adjectives, and verbs for second grade students to use in an alliteration lesson.
- Create a schedule and invitation for The Continuum of Literacy Learning PLC.
- Co-teach in another third grade classroom on "Bold Beginnings" lesson.
- Conduct a model lesson in kindergarten classroom. The lesson revolves around their John Collins' reading response journals. We are reading and responding to an article about Polar Bears.
- Check in with second grade teacher's progress on John Collins. This is the first week without the coach in the room each day. We set up a schedule and gathered resources.
- Meet with fifth-grade teacher to discuss inquiry lessons.
- Gather inquiry lesson ideas for third-grade Social Studies lesson.
- Check-in with second-grade RIT group as guided reading model lesson.
- Continue asking for volunteer support for our literacy day on February 12th.
- Send out invitation for The Continuum of Literacy Learning PLC.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I can't pinpoint specific issues to accomplishing the plan for the week. Just as last week, when an issue did arise, we handle it as necessary and problem-solve through it.