Harris Weekly Update
September 25 - September 29
CAR WASH HAPPENING NOW 8:00 - 11:00am
THIS WEEK AT HARRIS
Early Release @1:55
Half Day Release @11:55
It is extremely important that all GPS families complete the online 'Annual Update' in Infinite Campus every year. Even if your information has not changed you must still complete the 2023/24 Annual Update so we can ensure we have the most accurate information for your student in the case of an emergency. The information you provide is used by the district and your school to directly communicate with you regarding your student, or in the event of an emergency on campus. Please log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal and complete the 'Annual Update' today!
If you need any assistance with this, please contact the Harris Office @ 480-545-7060.
Annual Update Short Video - https://youtu.be/m_lMVfKtzwI
Free & Reduced Lunch Application & Information
In addition, please watch this video to gain more insight regarding Free and Reduced Lunch:
Upcoming Events at Harris
Mon 10/2 - Fri 10/13
Child Crisis Parent Class (Positive Discipline & Guidance), 4:00 (Library)
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (District)
Peter Piper Pizza Night
HARRIS RUN CLUB
IMPORTANT ELECTION INFORMATION
Bridging the Gap Night
Monday, October 23rd from 5-6pm in classroom 104.
*Childcare will be provided for children 3 and up in classroom 101
COMING SOON: K-3 LITERACY GAME DAY!
School Calendar 2023 / 2024
Important Information from Our District
District Preschool Programs 2023 / 2024
September Lunch Menu
Important Daily School Reminders
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Students will not be removed from their classrooms until parents arrive even if calling in advance.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM on half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!
How We Implement Title I Funds at Harris
Hello! I am Mrs. Laserna. I am the part-time Dean of Students this year at Harris. Half of my salary is funded through Title I funds. I work closely with Mr. Roth to help be an instructional leader, initiate our P.B.I.S. (Positive Behavioral Intervention & Support), and help our Hawks be successful.
This is my first year at Harris. I am excited to be a member of this community, and I am dedicated to supporting our families.