News from K4
What's Happening This Week in K4?
BLUE DAY!! Please dress your child in BLUE clothing today!
P.E Day (wear tennis shoes)
Family Friday Lunch -- students are in the cafeteria at 10:10- I know the office gets really busy. The only thing I can say is try and get their early in order to get through the office on time to eat with your kiddo
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
September 24th- BLUE DAY!! Please dress your child in BLUE!
Please click the link below to fill out a background check!
What are we learning?
- Unit: Colors- Focusing on the color BLUE, ELA assessments, Character and Setting
- Letters: a,b,c,d,e
- Sight words- Review words and introduce go, the **Practice writing these at home!
- Math: Writing the numbers 1-6 and counting small groups of objects
- Science: What is science? and introducing fish!
What can you do at home?
- First and foremost- practice writing your child's name EVERY NIGHT. I can't beg you to do this enough :)
- Writing the alphabet letters- capital and lowercase. If you need alphabet paper from me, just ask!
- Practice writing numbers 1-10
- Counting to 20 (at least)
- Tying their shoes by themselves!!!
- Writing their sight words from the week- I always list the new words in the "next week we will above"
- Read with your child EVERY night or as much as you can!! Please, please, please!