Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | June 17, 2022 | #40
June 19: Father's Day
June 19: Juneteenth
August 4: FREE Sports Physicals at Easton High through Choptank Community Health
August 9: FREE Sports Physicals at St. Michaels Middle High through Choptank Community Health
August 10: Fall Sports Begin
August 29: First Day of School!
June Board Meeting Highlights
The St. Michaels Saints Softball team - REGIONAL CHAMPIONS and State Semi-Finalists!
The Easton Warriors Boys Lacrosse team - REGIONAL CHAMPIONS and State Semi-Finalists!
Congratulations to Dr. Griffith on her retirement following 34 years as a Talbot County educator.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TCPS CLASS OF 2022!
2022 Community Partners of the Year!
Virtual Day Instruction Plan
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), is opening up a pathway for local education agencies (LEAs) to repurpose certain days as virtual school days in the 2022-2023 school year.
The days that may be considered for this opportunity include inclement weather days (i.e., snow days), staff professional learning days, high school graduation days to enable teachers to assist with or attend the graduation, or other similar circumstances described in this application.
Below is a link to the TCPS Virtual Learning Plan. Please leave any feedback using the form linked below.
Policies Approved at the June 15th Meeting
Policies Under Review
Policy 10.20 Student Discipline
Summer Learning Opportunity for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8!
TCPS is excited to partner with Dorchester and Caroline County Schools this summer to offer 9 career exploration programs for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Students will have the opportunity to learn more about Cybersecurity, Robotics, Media Arts, Database Design, Presentation Design, Animation and Chess. Transportation will be provided. Please contact your school counselor for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED. Please register using the following link:https://forms.gle/XE3znGzSa5ov3p3w9
FREE Sports Physicals for TCPS Student Athletes!
New Student Registration
TCPS IS HIRING!
TCPS COVID UPDATES
LATEST TALBOT COUNTY COVID INFORMATION
The Health Department is changing COVID testing locations to 102 Marlboro Ave. Easton MD Monday through Friday starting May 2nd . You can call 410-819-5632 or visit https://portal.ciandx.com/portal to make an appointment. More information coming regarding new location and change in hours.
- The health department’s rapid at-home covid tests are available through the Talbot County Free Library.
- COVID testing site at UM Shore Medical Pavilion, 500 Cadmus Lane Easton MD 21601 is CLOSED
- Local pharmacies are testing for COVID and have at-home covid tests in stock.
- **When taking at-home covid tests, you can report your results here**
- What: Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where: Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave Easton MD - Call 410-819-5641 for questions or make an appointment at https://bit.ly/3BdZ40G
- When: Monday through Friday, walk-ins welcome, no appointment required
- Who: Anyone 5 years and older
- Second boosters are now available for those over 50 years old and those who are immunocompromised and 12 years and older.
- Who is considered immunocompromised to be eligible for their second COVID booster? Find out here
This link has a list of types of treatment of available for those who do test positive for COVID
Food Pantry Information:
https://talbotcovid19.org/food-resources/ has compiled information regarding food resources across Talbot County.
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.