Lion's Link Friday Update
November 11, 2022
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Thursday, Nov. 17th, 7pm
Tuscumbia HS Gym
Thank You, Veterans
We also appreciate the community members who took time out of their day to attend the event. We hope everyone enjoyed it!
Snow Day Notifications
- Our app/social media channels--closures will be posted to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as on the Miller County R-III app and website. If you don't have the app, it's free in the app store to download to your devices.
- Voice and text messages--we had some issues with some of you not getting these alerts, but we think we have them resolved. You will get both a voice message and text message on your cell phone.
- Textcaster--if you get a second text, it's from Textcaster.
- KOMU 8, ABC 17, and KRCG 13--all three stations will be notified.
Sometimes the decisions on whether to have school or not are easy, obvious ones, but not always. I will always err on the side of caution. I want our students here and learning every day that they can safely get here, but student and staff safety on the journey will always be my first concern. I will make the call as early as it becomes obvious we can't have school so that you can make child care arrangements when needed.
Stock up on hot cocoa and dig out the winter coats--it's that time of year!
We're Having a Play!
FFA National Convention
FFA members attended the 95th Annual National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, IN the week before last. Our chapter had 11 students attend, including three National Agriscience Finalists. Congratulations to the following:
- Jonah Visser: 3rd place in Division 3 of Environmental / Natural Resources
- Brooklyn Pendleton: 5th place in Division 3 of Food Products & Processing
- Colin Stokes: 7th place in Division 3 of Plant Systems
Members attended general sessions where they heard from awesome speakers & National Officers. They also went on tours in Springfield, IL & Louisville, KY with one of their favorites being Churchill Downs!
Pillars of Pride for 1st Semester will be December 2nd. More information will be coming closer to the date.
Scholarship Opportunity for Dual Credit Students
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development (MDHEWD) launched the state financial aid program to reimburse students for the cost of dual credit and dual enrollment courses. The Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment (DC/DE) Scholarship will help cover the tuition and fees for students who meet program eligibility criteria. The application deadline for the fall 2022 semester is December 1. Students can submit the scholarship application and supporting documents online through the student financial aid portal and can learn more here.
Please help us improve our programs!
We truly appreciate your input!
- Custodian, 2:00-10:00 p.m., full-time with benefits and retirement, $12/hour starting, credit given for years of experience in similar positions
- Para-professional, full-time with benefits and retirement, $13/hour starting with 60 hours and a sub certificate/$12/hour starting without 60 hours and sub certificate, credit given for years of experience in similar positions
- Substitute Bus Drivers, as needed, $31.60 per route (a.m. or p.m.)
Interested parties should contact Dr. Spencer at email@example.com, or come by central office during working hours.
It's always a great day to be a Lion! Come join our Pride!