Kaden Carr & Campbell Staton
Size of Henrico
Henrico is a suburban county which contains public and privet schools.
There are many careers such as Doctors, Teachers, and Police Force.
Yes, there are Board of Commissions that advise the Board of Supervisors and County Administration on matters of concern to Henrico citizens.
- Board of Supervisors
- County Attorney
Serves as legal advisor to Henrico Government.
Provides services in the area of accounting, budgeting, business licensing, personal property and real estate assessment, and state income tax preparation and tax collection.
- Medical Services To achieve and maintain optimum personal and community health by emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention, emergency preparedness and environmental protection for the citizens of Henrico County.
- Mental & Development Services Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services promotes dignity, recovery and self-sufficiency in the lives of the people we serve.
- Foster Care Foster care is a service provided to families that are experiencing a major crisis or difficulty in parenting such as abuse, neglect, substance abuse, mental health issues, stress, and/or lack of family support. Foster care is intended to be a short term situation until a permanent placement can be made, preferably back with the biological parents.
- Henrico is 380 years old. It was founded in 1634.
- The county was named for Henry, Prince of Wales, the eldest son of King James I of England.
- Henrico is one of the oldest political subdivisions in Virginia.
- Henrico Town Site – Here in 1611, Sir Thomas Dale established Henricus, the first English settlement inland from Jamestown.
- Henrico County Government Center ans Courthouse – First occupied in 1974.