March 30, 2020
Notes and News
Dear SHGS Families,
I pray this newsletter finds you and your family well. For our many families with loved ones on the front line of this pandemic, I would like to personally thank you for your service and sacrifices. You are heroes and I pray for you and your families daily.
As we continue with our new ‘normal’ and remote learning, I thank you for all of your efforts to support your child’s learning and his/her teachers. I am tremendously proud and grateful to our school community’s collective efforts and accomplishments thus far. Like our staff, you are probably finding this work exhausting and overwhelming. We ask that you continue to provide a quiet workspace for your child, support/assist as needed, and stay in contact with your child’s teachers and myself via email. Teachers will continue to post assignments on their class pages located on our school webpage https://shgsyonkers.org/. All teachers will remain available to answer any questions/concerns students may have via email from 9:00am – 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
Please Note the following expectations:
· Parents please email your child’s teacher by 8:30am if your child is sick and will not able to complete assignments that day.
· Students are expected to work on their daily assignments during school hours, so they can email their teacher if they need support.
· Students are expected to turn in required assignments on time, this may be done via DoJo, Google Classroom, SeeSaw, photos or scans emailed to their teacher.
· Parents please email your child’s teacher if you have questions regarding assignments (K through 8 only).
May God keep you and your family safe and healthy.
We miss you all!!!
Please continue to send us photos of your child busy with remote learning
Engaging Students While Learning Remotely
It might be beneficial to create a schedule for each day. Provide breaks and let them work at their own pace to complete the day's assignments.
· Plan out assignments for the day by subject (maybe follow regular school schedule)
· Provide time for PE, Art, Music
· Be active: do jumping jacks, march/run in place, play hopscotch
· Provide arts and crafts supplies
· Draw, paint, color, build
· Listen to music/dance
· Cook and clean together
· Do spelling drills
· Go outside for "recess"
· Play cards or board games together
· Keep a journal
· Create a story, new article, or book
· Keep in touch with family and friends via email/phone calls
SHGS Students' and Staff Remote Learning
Re-Register By April 15th and Save $100 Per Student
Open registration for the 2020-2021 school year for all returning and new students is underway. Registration fees are applied to each student registered and are due at the time of registration. A reduced registration fee is being offered to those students who are registered by the following dates:
- February 10, 2020 – April 15, 2020
- $125 reduced fee
- April 16 – September 2020
- $225 full fee
You must complete this process no later than April 15, 2020 to receive the reduced rate and to secure a seat for your child.
Should you have any questions or need assistance in completeing the registration or financial aid application, please feel free to contact Linda Millen.
CENTRAL WESTCHESTER CATHOLIC SCHOOL REGION ON FACEBOOK
Connect with the Central Westchester Catholic School Region on Facebook to learn more about Sacred Heart Grade School and important news related to Catholic Schools in Central Westchester including scholarships and special events.
To connect, simply “like” the Central Westchester Catholic School Region on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWCatholicSchools/
March 16 - April 20: School is closed (This closing length could be extended)