LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - June 8-12
- PAST DUE : CLICK HERE to tell us what your summer reading program will look like
PAST DUE: June 5- Principal Sign off on AMTR
PAST DUE: June 5- GCS Reads 20 May minutes due
FINALIZE all Reports.
These may be repeated titles that we need more of or new titles or topics that you see we need to include on the eBook Shelf.
GREAT News for Summer Reading Incentive
NEW FLYER AVAILABLE!
Public relations has been working diligently to get support for a summer reading challenge to offer some incentives for students and teachers to report summer reading minutes. We have the updated flyer ready for you to share. The flyer and log are linked below. If you have a different log to send home that is fine. It has been linked on our resources page. Students reading 20 minutes a day for 45 days will have read 900 minutes for the summer.
Give 5 Read 5 Deadline June 15
Give Five Read Five Deadline is June 15
Four GCS schools have gotten High Fives from the Department of Public Instruction for their efforts toward the Give Five Read Five campaign, which encourages book donations so that each child receives five free books to read during the summer months. Grimsley High, Simkins Elementary, Vandalia Elementary and Parkview Village Elementary all received mentions for the work they’re doing to help collect books and prevent the summer slide. Read more about Vandalia’s efforts under School News.
Summer Suggestions from Tech Services
- Please share/send the links below regarding Summer Technology Instructions with your administrators, teachers and all classified staff members, as there are some revisions to last year’s instructions to incorporate GCS energy saving efforts.
- How to Sync your One Drive
- Summer Computer and Equipment Instructions
As you end this academic year, take inventory of your technology equipment, and if you find the need for hardware repair or software issues, etc. submit your ticket request. This way we can already get a head start on providing a resolution to ensure a good start for 2015-2016.
We want to take this opportunity to thank each of you for your continued efforts in problem solving; patience and good feedback to assist us improve our service to you. Have a great summer, get some rest and as always call us at 370-8179 or send an email to email@example.com for additional assistance.
Here’s how it works…
Each year publishers send preview copies of their newest publications to GCS preview library here at Washington Street. The preview center is available to all GCS school media specialist to come preview possible titles prior to ordering for their schools. This library only has the latest titles published. Each year we have a "Preview Party" to allow schools to select titles to enter into their collection.
- Dates: June 15th - come choose 15 books
June 16th - come choose 10 more books
- Times: 7:00- 5:00 - This is a floating event, come whenever you can during the times available.
- Items available: Hardback and paperback fiction and non-fiction-
- In addition to your book allotment there are several years of back issues of Our State magazine (Great for a 4th grade or Art teacher) as well as Videos and surplus printer ink* There may additional surplus items to select as well.
- Things you need to know:
* Due to space and staffing limitations only one person from each school may select books from the Preview Center each day.
* Each school will be responsible for cataloging and processing books selected from the preview center.
Media Specialist Shares Karate at Family Fun Day
Approximately 7,500 people came out to the 5th Annual Family Fun Day at City Lake Park Saturday. They enjoyed live performances, games, water slides, pedal boats and so much more. All of the activities allow students to get outside, get active and spend quality time with their families.
Instructional Techonology and Innovation
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.