because we want to stop mean people online
INTRO... WHAT IS LEADERSHIP?
30% of Middle Schoolers have been cyberbullied at least twice in the last month
Over 25% of teenagers, have been bullyed through their cellphones or the internet
Only 10% of teen cyberbullied, tell their parents
More than 55% of all teens that use the social media, have witnessed cyberbullying
7% of US parents are worried about cyberbullying
FACEBOOK'S JOB TO END CYBERBULLYING
READ MORE ON...
A girl, Audrey, was drinking (was 15 years old) and passed out. Then she was raped by the teens she was with, but the boys took pictures and posted them online. When Audrey found out, it was too much for her and...
READ MORE ABOUT THIS AND OTHERS HERE...
Some of the Rules
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across something that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I “meet” online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring a parent along.
4. I will talk with my parents about posting pictures of myself or others online and not post any pictures that my parents consider to be inappropriate.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away.
6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online and using a mobile phone. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
7. I will not give out my passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
8. I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or mobile device or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
9. I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
10. I will help my parents understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.