Asa Packer News
Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 School Year
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. We are so excited to begin, and can’t wait to see your children back at Asa Packer. We look forward to working with you as we begin our new year. I know we will make some great Puma Pride memories together! Please see below for some important information.
Students are reminded to bring their charged chromebook on the first day of school. Should any student still have any textbooks, novels, or library books from last year, they are asked to return them to their classroom teacher on Monday.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday, August 29th, and wish all of you a fantastic school year!
Teacher assignments for the 2022-23 school year were mailed home last week and should be arriving shortly.
Please remember that teacher requests are not accepted. We have procedures in place for classroom assignments. Requests are also not accepted for placing students with their friends. All placements are final.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus lane.
- You may park along Kenwood Drive or in designated parking spaces to walk your children to the door.
- Students and parents must use the crosswalks at all times.
- Do not leave your child(ren) unattended outside the school, before or after school hours.
- Follow posted signs. They will be enforced.
- No pets are allowed on school property.
- All Kindergarten students will enter/dismiss through the Kindergarten doors.
- Grade 1 students will enter/dismiss through the Primary doors.
- Grade 2 and Grade 3 students will enter/dismiss through the Main Entrance.
- Grade 4 and Grade 5 students will enter/dismiss through the Intermediate doors.
- Bus students will enter through the appropriate Primary and Intermediate doors. They will be dismissed one bus at a time after the walkers have entered the building.
- If you are escorting your child to the door, please park in the lot. Please use your good judgement and keep safety the highest priority.
Change in Dismissal
- Send in a written note for any dismissal changes.
- Any last minute dismissal changes after school begins must be communicated to Mrs. Cressman in the office (610-865-0660).
- Do not email or Dojo dismissal changes after 9 a.m.
- If a change occurs during/close to dismissal time, please enter the office to meet your student. Students will not be dismissed verbally at any dismissal door.
If you moved over the summer, please submit updated contact information to the Main Office. This will allow mailings to be sent to the correct address. Verification of residency will be needed to update an address in the district system.
Open House for Grades 1-5
Open House for Grades 1-5 for the 2022 - 2023 school year is scheduled for Thursday, September 1st at 6:00pm. More information about this event will be sent next week.
Any questions pertaining to transportation should be directed to that particular office. Information regarding district transportation for the 2022-2023 school year will be mailed to your home directly from the Transportation Office shortly. The Transportation Department can be reached at 610-861-0360.
Kindergarten Families - Save the Date / Supplies
Supplies for the upcoming year were included in our registration pamphlet and Welcome Letter. Our registration pamphlet is attached below.
From Dining Services
Save money this upcoming school year and apply for free & reduced-price meals. Check to see if you’re eligible – it’s risk free and confidential. Click here to view the eligibility guidelines and access our online application. Have the peace of mind that your child is receiving healthy and nutritious breakfast and lunch meals every day at school. It’s vital to their growth and development.
In order to see if your student(s) are eligible, you must reapply each year.
Please visit the district website for all the guidelines and ways to apply.
Dining Services Team
Student Chromebook Care
It is critical your child/children charge their Chromebook periodically throughout the summer to avoid battery issues. Please remind your child/children to follow the attached Chromebook Summer Care document to avoid having issues with their Chromebook when school begins. If the Chromebook has a problem during summer, please go to any BASD school website and click the Student Chromebook/IT Help link to enter a ticket for assistance. Thank you.
2022 - 2023 School District Calendar
We Are a ClassDojo School!
- Teachers will communicate to guardians about their “Quiet hours” procedures.
- Teachers will respond to emails/messages within 24 hours during the work week.
- Weekend/holiday messages will be responded to by the end of the next school day.