News from Team KB
September 21, 2014
Information from Mrs. Rodriguez
NOTE: We have had several children absent with illnesses. I wanted to take a minute to remind you that when your child needs to be absent please call the school to let us know so that we don't worry about them. The school's phone number is at the bottom of this page, and is also on the magnet you received at BackPack and a Snack. When your child is well enough to return to school please either write a note or send in the note from the doctor's office.
The children seemed to have a wonderful time at the Mexican Independence Day Assembly. My daughter came back to Danforth with me after the assembly was over and even had time to read a couple of stories to the children. That was a wonderful treat!
I am able to message you via Class Dojo, and you are able to do the same. Thank you for your patience if it takes me a bit to get back to you. I am pleased to see that we now have 12 families connected so far. I believe we can connect via phone even if you don't have an email address. Let me know if you have any questions.
I wanted to share about a couple of things coming up...
- The I.W. Parent Teacher Team is having their first meeting of the year this Thursday evening at the Gilman Elementary Building. This Team does a marvelous job raising money for our students in many creative ways. They support the teachers, and provide fun activities for the students such as the Walk-A-Thon, Box Top Collection incentives, and Movie Nights for the children. I try to go to a couple of the meetings each year, and I hope you are able to come and see what this team is all about!
- The ISAS Program is coming up next week, and Kami Garrison does a wonderful job talking to the children about keeping their bodies safe as well as staying away from strangers. She uses bears named Max and Molly, and the children really enjoy learning from Max and Molly. Watch for a permission form to come home about this program, and let me know if you have any questions.
Please let me know the best way to share this newsletter with you. I will send you a print version unless I have heard from you about only receiving an email version. This week I have again included a google form for report card testing information. I have had four families respond so far! :) Please take a minute and fill it out so we can see how that works for us. Cross your fingers:)
Please remember to keep a $10.00 balance in your child's lunch account!! Parents, please remember that milk break milks ARE NOT covered for those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. There is still a $.25 charge per milk each day.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Monday, September 22 - Mrs. Luhman will present on proper Handwashing techniques
- Wednesday, September 24th - First Quarter Midterm Progress Reports go home
- Thursday, September 25th - The I. W. Parent Teacher Team (P.T.T.) will have their first meeting of the year at 5:30 pm in the cafeteria of Gilman Elementary
- Friday, September 26th - Mrs. Luhman will come to test our Handwashing techniques
- Wednesday, October 1st - ISAS program (personal safety taught to our K Kids)
- Wednesday, October 15th - SIP Early Dismissal @ 1:00. Lunch will be served!!!
Can your family help us??
- It would be wonderful if you were able to save BoxTops and Campbell's Labels for Education for our school. Just watch for expiration dates on those BoxTops!
- We love to use "good garbage" like clean empty frosting containers for pencil cups and empty Crystal Light containers for literacy stations.
- We have a wonderful partnership with G.O.D.'s Food Pantry in Gilman. If your family is able to send something that begins with the letter of the week for sharing that would be super!
My daughter Lili loves...
...spending time with our family. Here she is holding my great neice Olivia
My son Freddie loves...
...creating with Legos, all of the time!
Freddie and Lili
Christmas Morning 2014