5th Grade News
June 3, 2016-The Final Newsletter
We still need some help! Click on the box below to sign up to help with End of Year stuff
Thank you so much for the monetary donations from Mr. Crisp & Mrs. Ulloa!
Monday, June 6
- Field Day (all day)
* A plastic or disposable water bottle to refill through the day
* Change of clothes and a towel
* Tennis shoes or water shoes (No “slides,” flip flops, or open toed shoes) Students will not be allowed to participate in activities with the incorrect shoes. Students are encouraged to wear “old” or “play” shoes because they will get wet and dirty.
* All students should plan to wear shorts and a bright colored shirt. There will be water stations so shirts and clothes could be damaged or ruined. If girls choose to wear bathing suits they must be worn under their shorts and shirt. Students must still abide by CMS dress code regulations.
* Please apply sunscreen before school and provide extra if needed
Tuesday, June 7- Please see the sign up genius to sign up for popsicles, water, or popcorn. Please pop the popcorn at home. The more the merrier!
- Popsicles (Currently we have enough for each child to have one freeze pop. If you would like to send more, please do.)
- Extra recess
Wednesday, June 8-
- Popcorn and a movie
- Promotion practice
- Clap-out at 3:00 P.M.
- We are still in need of donations of water for the promotion ceremony. Currently we have 3 cases. (Thank you Mr. Crisp & Mrs. Lee!)
- Promotion Ceremony at 6:30 P.M. Please have your child here by 6:00 P.M. Please stay in the gym while your child comes down to the room so that we may get them ready for the ceremony.
Thursday, June 9- Since our 5th graders are now 6th graders, our gift to them is to start their summer early. All 5th graders will be marked present on Thursday!
Promotion Procedures & Attire
- Students need to arrive at 6:00 PM and report to their homeroom.
- Parents – Please report to the multi-purpose room.
- We would greatly appreciate it if parents would not come to the classroom with their child so we can get them settled and ready for the ceremony.
- There will be a short reception following the ceremony.
- 5th grade students do not need to attend school on Thursday, June 9th and will still be counted present.
- Dress, skirt (knee length or longer), or dress pants/slacks
- Short sleeve shirt (no tank tops or spaghetti straps)
- If the dress or shirt has thin straps then please wear a light sweater over it.
- Shoes/sandals you are used to walking in (Please don’t wear heels you are wearing for the first time. You have to walk up steps and across the stage.)
- Dress pants/khakis (no shorts)
- Dress shirt or 3 button polo shirt with collar
- No t-shirts
- Dress/casual shoes
Promotion Ceremony Invitation
You should have received an email containing your invitation to the 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony. The ceremony will be on Wednesday, June 8th at 6:30 p.m. Please feel free to forward/send the link to anyone else you would like to have an invitation.
If you did not get an invitation, 1st-check your junk mail (from pingg.com) if you can not find it, 2nd-click on the following link. http://www.pingg.com/view_announcements/a655njd7kd84p8x37/index .