By: Katie Murdock
Define The Problem
A very special birthday is coming up and I am designing a playground for my younger sister as a present.
Criteria and Constraints
- Must include 6 play elements
- Must be ONE solid structure
- Must be safe!
a hanging seat, often found at playgrounds
connected metal bars used for hanging from
a wall with handholds for climbing
a long strip of material for balancing on
a place to hide, and/or cross small distances
a fast and fun way to get to the ground
Develop Possible Solutions
Choose the best solution
Create a prototype
test and evaluate
- What works and what does not? I had trouble creating it and could not figure out a way to connect the stepping stones but overall it does its job.
- Is it safe? It is safe but it could use some tweaking.
- How would you sell your design to a company? My play ground design incorporates the openness of freedom in the hearts of children and a simple design for easier construction. It is also entirely safe for children of all ages.
- What are the positives and negatives of your design? The parts are diverse and open, but I'm worried about the safety of certain parts.
- What changes would you make? I would try to make the connections more seamless.