3rd Grade Newsletter
September 19th - 23th
1. Monday, September 19th at 6 pm, is our Watch DOGS kickoff. Please join us in the Beck Cafe for pizza and information about the program and how to sign up.
2. Thank you to all the parents who were able to attend our curriculum night last Tuesday. If you were unable to attend, you can find all of our PowerPoints and handouts on your student's homeroom teacher's webpage.
3. Fall parent teacher conferences will occur October 4th and 5th from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Be on the look out for a sign up form from your student's teacher in the next couple of weeks.
4. Permission forms went home Thursday for Our First Annual Bulldog Blitz. Please sign and return this form to your student's homeroom teacher by October 4th.
5. Please communicate any transportation changes in writing by proving a note in your child's planner or folder or emailing email@example.com.
5. Information came home about how to join the Beck PTA!! You can also join online by visiting www.beckpta.com. We hope you will consider joining and supporting our school!
We are looking forward to another great week at Beck! As always, please contact us any time with questions.
The Third Grade Team
We will explore the planning and drafting stages of the writing process so that we can begin to develop an understanding of what good writers do. I’ll know I have it when I can create an engaging lead, interesting ending, and include sensory details in my draft.
We will identify ways to monitor our comprehension when reading so that we can fully understand the text. I’ll know I have it when I can ask questions, activate my background knowledge, stop and review, and use reading strategies.
We will learn how to use map features so that we can access information from maps. I’ll know I have it when I can use a legend, scale, and compass rose to find information on maps.
We will review and extend addition strategies so that we can efficiently combine two and three digit numbers. I know I have it when I can find an appropriate and efficient addition strategy for me.
We will observe properties of an object I can’t see so that I can identify what object may be inside the closed can. I know I have it when I can identify multiple items based on the object's properties.
September 19th: Watch DOGS Kickoff 6:00 pm
September 22th: Character Day
September 30th: End of the 6 Weeks
October 3rd: Beginning of the 2nd 6 Weeks
October 4th: Bulldog Blitz Permission Forms DUE
October 4th and 5th: Parent teacher conferences
October 7th: Early Release at 11:40 am
October 10th: No School
October 11th: 1st 6 Weeks Awards Ceremonies @ 12:15 pm
October 14th: Bulldog Blitz Fun Run
Character Day- September 22, 2016
September is ATTENDANCE AWARENESS MONTH!
*Please note that all chaperones for field trips must have a completed volunteer background check on file.