an early literacy newsletter from Coos Bay Public Library
Mother Goose on the Loose: Superstar!
This month we are recognizing a Superstar brother duo (bruo?): Finnick and Fletcher! Mom says, "We have been coming to Mother Goose on the Loose and other library programs since Finnick was around 8 months old. It has given my kids a love of books, singing, and dancing. It’s a place they can learn how to take turns, listen, share, and interact with other little ones their age. They both absolutely love coming to the library and seeing all of their friends and picking out new books to bring home. Oh- and they both love knocking Humpy Dumpty off of his wall! We are so thankful for Mother Goose on the Loose and the library as a whole."
It is so fun to see little bro Fletch starting to catch on-- he is anticipating movements and following instructions like a pro... and Finnick looks on with pride. Finn and Fletch are MGOL Superstars!
Mother Goose on the Loose, a program for infants and toddlers, is offered twice a week at the library: Wednesdays & Thursdays at 9:30am.
Dolly Parton Imagination Library
Upcoming Family STEM Program
Leap into Science: Wind
Saturday, Dec. 7th, 3pm
525 Anderson Avenue
Coos Bay, OR
Build Skills Every Day
Little interactions every day can add up to a BIG foundation for learning.
- Talk: What does your family celebrate? Talk to your child about these special traditions.
- Sing: There are so many classics to choose from this season! We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Joy to the World, Silent Night...
- Read: The library has a display full of holiday books! Come by and choose a few.
- Write: Decorating Christmas cookies? Give your child a small plate of sprinkles and allow him or her to practice drawing letters or shapes.
- Play: A salt dough handprint makes a special ornament or gift. After it dries, let your child paint it!
Go Ahead... Sing!
In a one-horse open sleigh.
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way!
Bells on bobtails ring
Making spirits bright.
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight.
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh!