HRE Weekly Bulletin
April 11th through April 15th
This week at a glance...
Mon, Apr 11th: ISTEP Practice Testing
Mon, Apr 11th: Night Zoo Keeper Info Session, 3:45
Tue, Apr 12th: School Safety Team Meeting, 8:00
Tue, Apr 12th: NWEA Testing Begins
Tue, Apr 12th: Admin Team Meeting @ FJH, 9:30
Tue, Apr 12th: HSE21 Learning Fair @ FHS, 4:30-7:30
Thur, Apr 14th: Grade Level Rep Meeting, 8:00
Thur, Apr 14th: Kindergarten Round-up, 5:00-7:00
Next week at a glance...
Mon, Apr 18th: Night Zoo Keeper Info Session, 3:45
Tue, Apr 19th: Morning with Mom (A-K)
Wed, Apr 20th: Morning with Mom (L-Z)
Wed, Apr 20th: Diversity Coach Meeting @ Admin, 3:00
Thur, Apr 21st: Literacy Night, 6:00-7:30
Thur, Apr 21st: Book Fair Open 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Thur, Apr 21st: PTO Board Meeting, 9:30
Fri, Apr 22nd: Book Fair Ends
Congratulations Callie Webster!
Other staff members receiving nominations this week were...Cassidy Palfi and Andrew Foreman. Don't forget to nominate a colleague who you catch "Getting a GRIP"! Nomination slips are here in the office.
The Wall is Here!
Important items to cover with students...
- Supervision is required
- Remove all jewelry
- No feet above the red line
- Step down from the wall...no jumping
- No climbing around, over, or under another student
HSE21 In Action!
Are you hearing the buzz about last week's Elementary Learning Fair?
What an inspiring evening of collaboration and learning with over 150 elementary educators! The next Elementary Learning Fair is Tuesday, April 12th at Fishers High School from 4:30 - 7:00 pm. There will be a variety of new sessions, as well as a few popular repeats from the last session.
See the details, including session details and sign up-links, here:
Please let Stacy know if you’d like to be included in this unbelievable opportunity! Round-up is on Thursday, April 14th from 5-7.
PBIS Student Survey
The PBIS team will be conducting a survey of all the students, K-4. Grades 1-4 will complete it during Rocket Time on Friday, April 15th in place of your scheduled PBIS lesson day. Kindergarten will complete it during their Rocket time. Here are some important points:
- Surveys will be in each teacher's mailbox Thursday, April 14th by 3 p.m.
- To allow enough time to complete surveys, they need to be started at 9:10.
- There are teacher directions and a prompt that will need to be read to your students. This will be with surveys.
- Teachers will collect their students' surveys and keep until choice answers are scored. There will be a scoring matrix provided for the specific answers (e.g., What is your favorite PBIS monthly reward?), and teachers will tally their students' responses for those items.
- Open-ended questions will be processed later. Don't worry about these.
- Each Kindergarten class will be paired with a 4th grade class. 4th grade students will sit with Kindergartners and help with reading and writing their responses.
- SPED kiddos will stay with their gen ed classrooms, instead of going to the Resource room or small groups with the IA's. Kids that are typically in the ED room will take the survey in the ED room.
- We are working on support for 1st and 2nd grade classrooms
- When surveys are tallied (closed-items), they should be returned to Krista M.
- If kids are absent on April 15th, we don't plan to have them make up the survey.
New IA in room 15
Night Zoo Keeper Info Sessions
2016 End of Year Video
The Admin Team is planning for closing celebrations, and they will again produce a video to play while teachers gather for the end-of-the-year awards.
As with each year, they need our help to make this project a success. They would like us to find five photos that represent the best of student/staff events and activities here at HRE throughout the 2015-2016 school year by April 27, 2016. Please send any ideas to me via email and please include a brief description of the photos for captioning.