March 11- March 15, 2013
This Week's Events
Family Fitness Night: March 12, 2013
USED BOOK DROP OFF DATE: March 12, 2013
Dining for Doyle: March 13 (Duck Deli)
IRun4Life Registrations due: March 14, 2013
Doyle 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament: March 15, 2013 (6 - 9PM)
Read Across America: Author Visit: March 15, 2013
Yearbook early-bird-price ($10) ends: March 15, 2013 (will change to $15.00)
Kids Castle Paint It Day: Saturday, March 16 (1PM)
News From the Nest
Please remember to register your Kindergarteners and incoming 1st graders for the 2013-14 school year.
Children have to be
5 by September 1, 2013 to attend Kindergarten in the fall and
6 by September 1, 2013 to attend 1st grade.
Please make your appointment with the Central Registration office as soon as possible.
Author/Illustrator Visit: Lee Harper
Home and School Events
Doyle Students Can Help to Save Kids Castle
4th and 5th grade students are needed to design and restore artwork for Kids Castle.
Join us for the Paint-It-Day on Saturday, March 16 at 1:00 PM. Information on how to help to save Kids Castle is available at www.savekidscastle.org.
4th and 5th graders are also invited to join the Save Kids Castle Club.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Or contact Chris Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is some important information about giving blood:
- You need to be 17 yrs old and weigh at least 110 lbs.
- If you recently donated, you need to have 56 days between donations and remember to bring your donor card
- Drink lots of water and iron rich foods the days before donation (vitamin C helps iron absorption)
- Your donation can help 3-5 people in need of a blood transfusion
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed EVERY day
- 20% of blood donations go to Cancer patients.
- Giving blood is a relatively easy procedure and will take approx 50 mins from start to finish
- Blood CANNOT be manufactured - it can only come from generous donors like you!
New Faces in the Flock
Reading Olympics: March 18, 2013 (Mill Creek)
Lee Harper Book Orders due: March 19, 2013
CB Cares presents Dr. Barry Ginsberg: March 19, 2013 (7:00 PM CB South)
Avenue of the Arts, Grades 1 & 2: March 20, 2013 (6:30 PM - Grade 1, 7:30 PM - Grade 2)
2nd Grade Fieldtrip (make-up date): March 21, 2013 (Lost River Caverns)
Parent Workshop: Stop Cyberbullying: March 21, 2013 (7:00 PM - Linden Elementary)
Early Dismissal - End of 3rd MP: March 22, 2013 (11:55AM)
Kindergarten Turn-Around Day: March 22, 2013 No AM Kindergarten, PM comes in the AM
Used Book Drop Off Date: March 26, 2013
Used Book Sale: March 27 & 28, 2013
Red Cross Blood Drive: March 28, 2013 (2 - 7PM - Doyle Gym)
Jeff The Framer: March 28, 2013 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
No School (Conferences & Good Friday): March 28 & 29, 2013