Teen Drug Abuse
What Percent of Teens Abuse Drugs?
Inhalant- volatile substances that produce chemical vapors that can be inhaled to induce a psychoactive, or mind-altering, effect.
Synthetic Marijuana- a designer drug in which herbs, incense or other leafy materials are sprayed with lab-synthesized liquid chemicals to mimic the effect of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in the naturally grown marijuana plant.
Percent of Teens That Abuse Alcohol and Illicit Drugs
Drugs Most Commonly Abused by Teens
List of Drugs Most Commonly Abused
- Prescription Stimulants
- Prescription Sedatives
- Prescription Opioids
Reasons Why Teens Abuse Drugs
- They want to fit in with friends or groups.
- They like the high.
- They think it makes them more grown up.
- Peer Pressure
- Internal Problems
High Times by Holly Eagleson
Long Term Effects
Ways Teens Can Get Help With Abuse
- Drug Free Helpline for Teens - 1-855-DRUGFREE
- School Counselor
- Rensselaer County Mental Health Department
· "Survey Reveals Shocking Levels of Teen Drinking, Drug Abuse." CBSNews. CBS Interactive, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Teen Alcohol and Drug Abuse-Topic Overview." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Teen Drug and Alcohol Abuse Video." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Alcohol - Above the Influence." Above the Influence. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "What Drugs Are Most Frequently Used by Adolescents?" What Drugs Are Most Frequently Used by Adolescents? N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "High School and Youth Trends." DrugFacts:. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "What Are Inhalants?" What Are Inhalants? N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Consequences of Adolescent Substance Abuse." Alcohol Rehab. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Synthetic Marijuana (Cannabis) Spice / K2 - Drugs.com." Synthetic Marijuana (Cannabis) Spice / K2 - Drugs.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
· "Commonly Abused Drugs Charts." Commonly Abused Drugs Charts. N.p., 04 Mar. 2016. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.