The Star Newsletter
Bringing Connectivity Home
Policies for checking out a mobile hotspot:
- Students will be able to check out a mobile hotspot for three days. After three days, the device must be returned and not checked out again by the same student for three days.
- If a mobile hotspot is not brought in on its due date, it will be shut down so that it no longer provides a connection. Students who fail to bring in the mobile hotspot after five days will no longer be allowed to check one out for the remainder of the nine-weeks.
- Mobile hotspots are for academic use only and should be used appropriately. All internet traffic is routed through Western Boone filters.
- If lost or damaged, the student who checked out the device is responsible for repair/replacement of the device.
- Students can not check out mobile hotspots over extended breaks.
August's Newsworthy Classrooms
"Makerspaces are areas dedicated to hands-on learning, exploration, and creation with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, art, and math. The WeBo Makerspace is located in the Library Media Center and features various technological tools, including Lego robotics, simple electronics and circuitry, a Dremel 3D printer, and other gadgets. Additional tools and art materials will be added in the future. Students can use the Makerspace with a class, individually, or during the Makerspace Club that meets during Homeroom. After school sessions will also be offered, including classes specific to 3D printing and coding. My goal is to spark imagination and interest in learning and provide a place where students (and teachers) can "make" and create." - Ms. Skibbe
"The fact that we get to mess with electronics is just interesting." - Sullivan Moe
"I enjoyed the Mind-Storm and the engineering options that were available" - Jeremy England
"I would like to get into learning about robotics because people inspired me to try and learn." - Avery Kraus
Any donations of old electronics to take apart, small hand tools, and craft supplies would be greatly appreciated.
New Faces at WeBo
Varsity Girls and Jr. High Boys Tennis Coach
"I am excited for the opportunity to teach two new English classes that have not been previously offered at WeBo-- Film Lit and Tech Comm. I am looking forward to continuing to build the courses in ways that engage, challenge, and entertain students."
Custodial Help Needed
Hours are from 3:00 pm until 11:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Full-time Grounds Worker
Hours are from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.